Director of Product Management
The Director of Product Management is responsible for delivering a portfolio of customer-facing products on and supporting JCPenney.com and JCP’s native mobile applications. They will support the Product Management VP/Director/Associate Director in the development of product strategy and prioritization of the product roadmap.â€¯ â€¯The Sr. Manager of Product will own high level business reviews; development of product/portfolio strategy and present to JCPenney leadership. Sr Manager of Product Management owns definition and delivery of cross-functional initiatives with the site merchandising, marketing, technology and finance with accountability to financial results.â€¯ They must maintain a strong relationship to Technology and Business Operations to act as part of the JCPenney customer experience leadership team.
- Manage team of Product Managers and Product Analysts for a defined product portfolio including individual performance management as well as management of business results.
- Foster individual and team development to improve the product practice for JCPenney.com
- Ability develop team culture and deepen leadership experience for members of the Product Organization
- Manage performance of direct reports and ensure the quality of the teams products meets JCPenney standards
- Build cross-functional relationships with key stakeholders critical to the delivery of the product portfolio
- Prioritize portfolio investment to maximize benefit/return to customers/company based on JCPenney strategy.
- Lead development of cross-product strategy and capability roadmap with other Product & IT teams.
- Define business benefits feature sets, as well as conduct product research to develop product strategy.
- Complete opportunity assessments in a quick-to-market agile environment. â€¯Including, but not limited to: â€¯synthesizing high level business requirements, identifying required capabilities and calling out areas of uncertainty and recommending solutions
- Support cross-product prioritization with multiple Product Managers and peer Technology teams.
- Monitor product for all defined KPI’s to ensure best in class customer experience as part of daily responsibilities
- Monitor industry trends and identify opportunities to improve existing customer facing products.
- Summarize and communicate business results for the product portfolio leveraging analytics & sales data, customer survey and other feedback with accountability for business results.
- Partner with Site Operations and support teams to triage and prioritize critical product issues.
- Work across teams and projects to synchronize and manage roadmaps.
- Sign off on Product Quality for Feature Releases.
- Proactively identify issues and partner with Site Operations/Support and peer Agile teams to provide timely resolutions
- Supports operational readiness tasks by performs product demos & presenting training to stakeholders
- Negotiate and resolve problems and escalate as required
- Act as a product evangelist to build awareness of product methology and product scope across teams
- Ensure the jcp.com customer experience and functionality is optimized
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- 10+ Years of experience with 3+ years experience managing teams and direct reports in Product, Customer Experience or Software delivery.
- Passion for working in a fast pace agile digital environment is a must!
- Retail ecommerce experience or digital marketing experience required.
- Specific experience in Demand Generation (Search and/or SEO), Browse/Shopping path, eCommerce Fulfillment, or eCommerce Business Tools experience preferred
- Relevant agile software development and Product Manager experience with proven track record of delivering successful customer facing site features and improvements. â€¯
- Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies
- Excellent analytical skills with an understanding of Web Analytics, engagement KPI’s and a mature understanding of how to build business cases, measure benefits and communicate results to Sr. Leadership.
- Superior relationship building with cross-functional teams to deliver results through excellent partnership, communication and negotiating skills
- High level of attention to detail with the ability to work collaboratively across multiple teams, communicate effectively, adjust priorities based on business results, and work in a continuously changing environment to meet critical deadlines
- Highly motivated to be develop teams and manage ongoing performance of direct reports.
- Experience conceptualizing, evaluating and negotiating 3rd party strategic partnerships
- Education: â€¯Bachelor’s degree
What you get:
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.
JCPenney proudly serves customers at more than 650 stores across the United States and Puerto Rico, and at the Company’s flagship store, jcp.com. JCPenney is one of the nation’s largest retailers of apparel, home, jewelry, and beauty merchandise with a growing portfolio of private and national brands. Guided by the Golden Rule, JCPenney employs more than 60,000 associates worldwide and has served customers for over 119 years, playing a vital role in the communities it serves. For additional information, please visit jcp.com and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: Director of Product Management
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1107771
J.C. Penney Company Inc.