This job posting is no longer active.
Construction Services Project Manager
The Construction Services Project Manager (CPM) oversees assigned projects managing all phases of construction for new ground ups, take overs, renovations, rollouts, repair projects and any new company initiatives for JCP stores and support facilities. The CPM is the key player on every project working in a team environment to achieve the company’s goals and provide an enhanced shopping experience for our customers.
- SCOPE - The CPM reviews and clarifies project scope. The PM is required to attend meetings along with making site visits to ensure that the plans and scopes are accurate for bidding.
- BUDGET - The CPM manages all budgets directly and indirectly for all assigned projects. The CPM is responsible to forecast all costs on a timely basis utilizing the JCP Project Management Platform. The CPM is responsible to manage change orders and make sure their projects are within or under budget.
- SCHEDULES - The CPM works with home office teams, store teams and general contractors to create and mangage project schedules and deadlines. CPM will then make sure that the GC stays on schedule and completes on time.
- COMMUNICATION – The CPM is responsible to clearly deliver all communication to the working team and leadsership consistently and timely for all assigned projects.
- MATERIAL PROCUREMENT - The CPM will verify and schedule all fixtures and building equipment deliveries and will work with Construction Operations and Procurement to order new materials and fixtures. CPM will also need to follow up with and track all missing, shorted, damaged materials.
- BIDDING AND CONTRACT MANGEMENT - The CPM prepares bid packages for all projects assigned to them. The CPM reviews all plans, details and specifications for accuracy and completeness. The PM provides guidance for coordination and construction. The CPM bids out projects utilizing the JCP Project Management Platform. The CPM conditions the bids and obtains approvals for award. The CPM is responsible to working with Operations to execute contracts.
- PROJECTS - The CPM conducts project kick off and all subsequent meetings. The CPM performs site visits to verify scope adhearance, project timing and quality of work is acceptable. The CPM is responsible to manage though the closeout of the project.
- OTHER MANAGEMENT - On select projects the CPM is assigned as the SME (Subject Matter Expert). The CPM works with divisions and leadership in developing new Company initiatives. The CPM will then develop scope, budget, schedule and material/fixture orders for the rollout along with being the key program contact for the team.
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- 5 – 10 years of industry experience in Construction Project Management on retail related construction projects.
- Must have general knowledge of building codes, regulations, construction costs and building materials.
- Overall Computer and software skills. Must have experience with the basics such as Microsoft Products and advanced construction management software packages We use Lucernex, but we only require a background using any Construction Project Management software.
- Highly effective team leadership, organizational, and planning skills needed. Ability to see the big picture, anticipate and plan ahead.
- College degree in Civil Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Architecture, Architectural Engineering, and/or Construction Management is desirable.
What you get:
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.
JCPenney proudly serves customers at more than 650 stores across the United States and Puerto Rico, and at the Company’s flagship store, jcp.com. JCPenney is one of the nation’s largest retailers of apparel, home, jewelry, and beauty merchandise with a growing portfolio of private and national brands. Guided by the Golden Rule, JCPenney employs more than 60,000 associates worldwide and has served customers for over 119 years, playing a vital role in the communities it serves. For additional information, please visit jcp.com and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: Construction Services Project Manager
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1107723
J.C. Penney Company Inc.