Financial Planning & Analysis Director - Stores
The Financial Planning & Analysis Director - Stores will support and assist the VP Finance with day-to-day development and integration of financial analyses and strategies as well as providing counsel and assistance on matters that impact both long-term and day-to-day financial business decisions of key JCPenney operations areas.
- Integrates financial analysis, business trends, and long range strategies into one comprehensive plan relevasnt to Expense and Capital for review by both business partners and Finance leadershgip.
- Develops and leads process for creating and delivering forecasts, budgets, and operating/capital plans, and analyzes their impact on the decision making process.
- Critically assesses the business to provide insightful analyses and actionable recommendations to improve business results.
- Ensures consistency of financial planning standards, controls and measurements for operating management’s use are established in place for defined business metrics & performance indicators
- Advises operating management of actual and/or anticipated deviations to plans and business unit metrics, partners with the VP Finance to impact the decision-making process by providing recommendations and alternative actions.
- Provides data, reports, and supporting information to the FP&A leadership team for analysis of short and long term financial plans and commitments as required.
- Provides leadership and guidance to their finance team in their role supporting functional areas, and ensures consistency and accuracy of their analysis and tactical actions.
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent business experience. Master’s degree preferred.
- 8 - 12 years of progressively responsible financial business experience, with the ability to set financial direction & identify growth opportunities with a solid understanding of operating unit’s key performance indicators.
- 3+ years in a leadership role
- Experience in the following fields: accounting, financial modeling and analysis, planning, expense management, budgeting and forecasting, ,
- Ability to make strategic decisions, and communicate effectively to all levels of the organization
- Proven success providing analysis and recommendations used in making decisions regarding strategic direction and business growth.
What you get:
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.
JCPenney proudly serves customers at more than 650 stores across the United States and Puerto Rico, and at the Company’s flagship store, jcp.com. JCPenney is one of the nation’s largest retailers of apparel, home, jewelry, and beauty merchandise with a growing portfolio of private and national brands. Guided by the Golden Rule, JCPenney employs more than 60,000 associates worldwide and has served customers for over 119 years, playing a vital role in the communities it serves. For additional information, please visit jcp.com and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: Financial Planning & Analysis Director - Stores
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1107409
J.C. Penney Company Inc.