Bilingual Copywriter - Creative Marketing
The Bilingual Copywriter (Hispanic Market and Puerto Rico) will support and assist the Omnichannel Creative Teams with work that align with the Company's marketing efforts, from seasonal creative concepts and execution to ongoing programmatic campaigns, initiatives, and brand launches. Assignments cover general markets (GM) in English as well as Hispanic Markets (HM) and Puerto Rico (PR) in Spanish. This position reports to a Senior Creative Manager.
- Transcreate messaging with a strong insight for continential U.S. and Puerto Rico audiences where appropriate.
- Translate marketing messages into Spanish with a strong insight for the continental U.S. and Puerto Rico markets including digital banners, store signage, print, TV, radio, credit and rewards programs assets, toolkits, and weekly ads, among others.
- Serve as a steward of the HM work, offering perspectives and solutions to better connect with this customer.
- Proofreading Spanish and English copy.
- Keep glossaries and databases updated.
- Think strategically and creatively. Exhibit an understanding of marketing principles to create effective retail advertising copy.
- Use data and insights and effectively apply them to creative executions that drive action on the part of our customers.
- Effectively tailor communication style and content to the audience, by medium.
- Understand and correctly apply rules of grammar and writing. Recognize the nuances of brand voice and use them capably.
- Collaborate with direct manager, art directors, digital creative team, other copy team members and project management to ensure assignment goals are achieved with compelling, on-brand messaging.
- Execute all corrections from Creative, Merchandising, Omnichannel, Strategy and Legal stakeholders.
- Exemplify curiosity, eagerness, dedication and personal accountability, with a strong attention to detail.
- Apply copy style guide and existing type standards accurately and consistently, while maintaining compliance with government regulations and Company policies.
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Bachelor's Degree in marketing, journalism, or advertising preferred.
- 3-5 years copywriting experience required, preferably in a retail environment.
- Experience writing for email, print, social media, television and radio.
- Ability to consistently develop strong, compelling work that ensures strategic marketing intent.
- Adapts to changes in strategy with efficient and effective solutions; flexible and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, specifically InDesign and Photoshop.
- Native Spanish speaker.
What you get:
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.
JCPenney proudly serves customers at more than 650 stores across the United States and Puerto Rico, and at the Company’s flagship store, jcp.com. JCPenney is one of the nation’s largest retailers of apparel, home, jewelry, and beauty merchandise with a growing portfolio of private and national brands. Guided by the Golden Rule, JCPenney employs more than 60,000 associates worldwide and has served customers for over 119 years, playing a vital role in the communities it serves. For additional information, please visit jcp.com and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: Bilingual Copywriter - Creative Marketing
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1107340
J.C. Penney Company Inc.