Asset Protection Manager - Learning & Communications
The AP Manager - Learning and Communications will support and assist the Sr. Manager AP Operations and Safety with day-to-day responsibilities to create internal communications and training materials for the Corporate and Store’s Asset Protection Organization and relative Store Communication.
- Responsible for identifying key problems and gaps in core Asset Protection programs and process execution, and drives resolution through the effective implementation of projects that support education, training, and communication to reduce shrink, financial loss, theft, and fraud.
- Evaluates individual and organizational performance to ensure training is meeting business needs and improving performance. Identifying training needs by consulting with stakeholders and using needs assessments. Ensures strategic alignment of the training with business goals.
- Collaborates with key partners such as Learning & Development, Store Operations, Merchandising, Finance, Legal, Risk, Compliance, and Internal Communications, as the team develops training, campaigns, communication, branding, and solutions to keep the team safe, informed and motivated.
- Develops training and communication content and directs creative execution to provide a consistent, targeted, and impactful message. Ensures the implementation of closed loop communication processes to drive clarity on key priorities and improved performance standards.
- Maintains a Prioritization of process gaps and gains alignment with AP Leadership on organizational needs
- Develops and manages a Weekly AP Communication cadence that leverages various tools such as JCAP jWeb, and others to clarify priorities, implement solutions, and provide measurement on solution execution
- Develops and provides editorial oversight for all communication for the Asset Protection Department
- Manages Recovery Program for the Asset Protection Division which entails maintance of our centralized tracking, which requires partnerships with Legal, Store AP teams, and Field Investigations to resolve.
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Competencies include and strong analytical and problem solving skills
- 5+ years Asset Protection leadership experience
- 2+ years project management, or related experience
- MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Learning Management Software
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, solid facilitation and influencing skills
- Bachelor’s Degree
What you get:
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.
JCPenney proudly serves customers at more than 650 stores across the United States and Puerto Rico, and at the Company’s flagship store, jcp.com. JCPenney is one of the nation’s largest retailers of apparel, home, jewelry, and beauty merchandise with a growing portfolio of private and national brands. Guided by the Golden Rule, JCPenney employs more than 60,000 associates worldwide and has served customers for over 119 years, playing a vital role in the communities it serves. For additional information, please visit jcp.com and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: Asset Protection Manager - Learning & Communications
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1107382
J.C. Penney Company Inc.