The Workforce Manager is responsible for the daily efforts to provide a great customer and associate experience by accurately forecasting contact volume across channels, matching staffing levels to volume patterns, planning schedules and leveraging intraday resources to achieve business objectives. While the Workforce Manager supports all functions within the Network Operations Center, a primary functional responsibility will include driving the Real Time Operation and partnering with the Customer Care management teams to meet service levels and efficiency objectives. In addition, this person will engage in overall Customer Care strategy and will help define how to provide the best customer experience while driving maximum efficiencies.
The Workforce Manager reports to the Sr. Manager of Network Operations and is responsible for establishing and managing a Workforce Management team and methodology. Accountabilities also include overseeing a team and driving that team to achieve maximum potential. This person will recommend changes to improve employee efficiency, maintain, and supply accurate data and information, support executive management, and partner on feedback to Customer Care supervisors and managers to drive overall team performance. They will be the subject matter expert on the telephony platform.
- Analyze and leverage historical business volumes, staffing patterns, and contact volume forecasts to accurately plan and manage short and long-term staffing needs for our domestic, near-shore and off-shore vendors, resulting in meeting or exceeding established service levels.
- Establish and oversee planning, forecasting, and scheduling processes to ensure all processes are meeting expected variance targets, and to improve accuracy of both short- and long-term forecasting.
- Develop and maintain WFM systems and processes to provide accurate projections and forecasts for the optimal management of current and future capacity requirements. Track exceptions to work schedules, plan to shrinkage rates, and partner with managers to implement appropriate staffing levels.
- Assist in the development of reporting and processes to plan for staffing augmentation; analyze reporting outcomes to determine recruiting needs.
- Acquire and leverage business, industry, and technical knowledge and existing core systems to develop models that drive planning and workflow functions. Evaluate staffing utilization data and turnover trends and develop alternatives to improve efficient staffing and retention. Assist in developing and deploying retention strategies and people management plans to drive an engaged workforce.
- Ensure the accurate compilation and distribution of information and reports to identified stakeholders.
- Serves as a subject matter expert and WFM liaison for specific programs
- Promote education and understanding of business requirements and workforce management practices among call center management and agents.
- Manage a team of Real Time Analysts and Supervisors. Establish expectations, goals, and performance objectives, and manage performance on an ongoing and annual basis. Coach direct reports and provide guidance on performance and productivity issues
- Develop plans that will drive team successes, challenges, and ideas for improvement. Cross-train and motivate the team, creating business continuity and succession plans
- Demonstrate understanding of the successful project planning, project implementation, development of work plans, evaluation, communication planning and final analysis.
- Interface with Supervisors and Managers as needed for escalation of service impacting issues; align internal projects with Customer Care strategies and initiatives to drive business growth and continuous improvement of operations
- Other duties, as assigned
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university AND 5+ years related experience
- Previous experience in a call center environment
- Previous experience with call center technology (e.g. scheduling, forecasting, WFM software and processes, IVR technology and ACD systems)
- Previous experience reading, analyzing, and interpreting data for the purposes of establishing facts and drawing valid conclusions
- Previous experience with key business concepts (profit/loss, ROI, annual budget planning, etc.)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products (Excel, Work, PowerPoint, Access)
- Experience in CISCO and NICE is preferred
What you get:
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.
JCPenney proudly serves customers at more than 650 stores across the United States and Puerto Rico, and at the Company’s flagship store, jcp.com. JCPenney is one of the nation’s largest retailers of apparel, home, jewelry, and beauty merchandise with a growing portfolio of private and national brands. Guided by the Golden Rule, JCPenney employs more than 60,000 associates worldwide and has served customers for over 119 years, playing a vital role in the communities it serves. For additional information, please visit jcp.com and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: Workforce Manager
Location: Columbus, OH, United States -
Job ID: 1107335
J.C. Penney Company Inc.