Learning Senior Specialist - Talent Management
The Talent Management Learning Senior Specialist is responsible for developing and deliverying innovative training experiences and blended training solutions for front line and leadership development. Manages multiple projects and partners closely with SMEs, vendors, and cross-functional partners to ensure world-class solutions. Leverages strong leadership, relationship building, collaboration and facilitation skills to drive action and results.
- Design, plan and facilitate training programs to include, but not limited to new hire onboarding, positional training, computer-based skills, implementation of processes and procedures, front-line associates and leadership development.
- Deliver formalized trainings for associates and leaders using various methods of delivery and media (classroom, virtual, quick guides, job aids, video, systems, and eLearning).
- Review existing training programs; suggest enhancements and modifications to improve engagement, learning and retention and/or meet the changing needs of the organization or the industry.
- Research and remain current on leadership development trends; benchmark leadership development programs across retail and other industries.
- Determine training needs and evaluate programs and delivery methods for effectiveness, participation and engagement and adapt delivery methodologies to improve knowledge transfer, retention, and skill applicability.
- Schedule and coordination of training classes, registration, attendance records, preparation of materials and completion records.
- Instructional Design - defines learning objectives based on customer requirements and sound expertise, designs blended participant-centered experiences, develops and/or oversees development of course content and supports and/or leads reviews and focus groups to ensure quality-learning experiences.
- Utilizes outstanding communication skills to build strong relationships with business partners, human resources teams and subject matter experts across the organization to delivery educational solutions to meet business objectives.
- Utilizes outstanding project management skills to lead project teams and outside vendors to deliver projects on time within cost.
- Ensures education content is aligned to JCPenney core values associated with respect, inclusion and diversity.
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- A minimum of 2 years experience developing and facilitating successful training programs for assocaites and leaders at every level.
- BA or BS in Education/Teaching/Training/Curriculum/Instructional Systems Design, English, preferred or relevant experience in a development or related field.
- Experience delivering clear and concise content including onboarding, new hire, process updates, and leadership training.
- Highly proficient in the use of MS Office to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams and understanding of LMS or eLearning software and standards.
- Proven track record of organizing work, problem solving, analytical skills and critical thinking.
- Strong communication with the ability to build relationships; strong presentation and facilitation skills to individuals/groups at all levels of an organization.
- Outstanding written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Must be a self-starter, exercise follow-through and demonstrate professional initiative on any matters presented whether they are inside or outside the normal scope of the role.
- Presentation on a training topic to demonstrate effective facilitation skills will be required.
What you get:
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.
JCPenney proudly serves customers at more than 650 stores across the United States and Puerto Rico, and at the Company’s flagship store, jcp.com. JCPenney is one of the nation’s largest retailers of apparel, home, jewelry, and beauty merchandise with a growing portfolio of private and national brands. Guided by the Golden Rule, JCPenney employs more than 60,000 associates worldwide and has served customers for over 119 years, playing a vital role in the communities it serves. For additional information, please visit jcp.com and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: Learning Senior Specialist - Talent Management
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1107365
J.C. Penney Company Inc.