As the Home Commission Associate, you are accountable for driving customer service and sales by serving as the resident guru around all things specialty in our stores – including jewelry, furniture, and custom windows. You know these products inside and out and love educating customers on how your merchandise can enrich their lives.
- Specialty Merchandise Expert – You want to meet sales goals by contributing in-depth knowledge about fine jewelry, appliances, mattresses, windows, and/or furniture businesses. Use your confident experience to educate customers and fellow associates about specialty merchandise to drive sales.
- Customer Service – As the resident expert, you consistently challenge yourself to find unique ways to exceed sales goals. You approach customers and do whatever you can to make their experience memorable and personable. You listen, help, and share your knowledge – building JCPenney customer trust and loyalty.
- Drive Sales – You are eager and urgent to discuss and emphasize customer benefits, like rewards, gift cards, credit, protection plans, and other customer enhancements.
- Educate Customers – You’re the go-to person for specialty areas. Your unique merchandise can get complex, so customers need your help in understanding how things work and how they are best used in the household. Teaching is something you find joy in and you find gratification in supporting customers through their specialty purchase decisions.
- Product Presentation – Whether it be in the display OR in digital form, you seek out ways to improve, maintain, and attract how merchandise is displayed to visually encourage the customer to explore all of our great products.
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
To achieve success at JCPenney, a Home Commission Associate will possess the following:
- Work experience – Minimum of 2 years specialty retail experience
- Education – High School graduate
- Drives Performance – Holds self accountable to a higher standard to achieve sales results, by developing and owning this area of expertise
- Builds Relationships – Develops positive relationships with fellow associates and current customers, shows respect for different styles, and communicates clearly to a wide audience
- Drives Change – Adapts quickly to changing situations with energy and a positive attitude
- Shows Courage – A confident leader, willing to take on challenging assignments and continued education
At JCPenney, we share a passion for serving customers, supporting our communities and being the best retailer for all families. As a company founded on the Golden Rule, our success is rooted in the belief that we treat everyone the way we would want to be treated. At every touchpoint, customers discover stylish merchandise at incredible value from an extensive portfolio of private, exclusive and national brands. Reinforcing this shopping experience is the customer service and warrior spirit of approximately 98,000 associates across the globe, all driving toward the Company's mission to help customers find what they love for less time, money and effort.
Working at JCPenney means joining a dedicated team of associates who are encouraged to be uniquely themselves in a safe, caring and welcoming environment. It is a place where careers prosper, accomplishments are celebrated and diversity flourishes. It’s a place that’s meant for you.
Job Title: Home Commission Associate - Westfield Shpngtown
Location: Wilmington, NC, United States - Westfield Shpngtown 3500 Oleander Dr
Job ID: 1107356
J.C. Penney Company Inc.