This job posting is no longer active.
Problem Manager - Business Analyst 2
The Problem Manager Business Analyst role will review, analyze, evaluate, and participate in all Problem processes necessary to achieve required goals. Additionally, the Problem Manager Business Analyst role will document requirements, define scope and objectives, and formulate systems to parallel overall business strategies.
- Determine operational objectives by studying business functions; gathering information; evaluating output requirements and formats.
- Interpret, evaluate and interrelate research data and develop integrated business analyses and projections for incorporation into strategic decision-making.
- Perform daily, weekly and monthly reviews and analyses of current processes using operational metrics and reports.
- Recommend changes to management using analytics to support your proposals.
- Create informative, actionable and repeatable reporting that highlights relevant business trends and opportunities for improvement.
- Conduct insightful, ad hoc analyses to investigate ongoing or high impact operational issues.
- Define, design, and implement processes and procedures based on industry best practices related to Problem Management
- Monitor and audit the Problem Management process using metrics and KPI reports
- Provide guidance on the Problem Management process to all the key stakeholders and assist in their training and knowledge development
- Continued Service Improvement - Identify process improvements and execute improvement action plans
- Facilitate postmortem review following Major Incidents (Crisis) to determine root cause and preventative actions
- Document and publish root cause findings to promote enterprise stability and availability
- Proactively identify incident trends and engage with support teams to prioritize, investigate, and permanently resolve
- Provide leadership with metrics and KPI reports related to problem resolution and incident recurrence
- Periodically participate in the Major Incident (Crisis) Management on call rotation
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Strong ability to analyze data, drawing meaningful conclusions about risks, trends, and exceptions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to transfer information easily to team members, stakeholders, and senior leadership
- Work well under critical, triage situations
- Strong team collaboration skills
- Working knowledge of the Remedy ITSM Platform or other similar ITSM tool
- Broad understanding of IT concepts, development practices, and architectures
- 5+ years of demonstrable experience with Problem Management ITIL processes, preferably within retail industry
- ITIL Foundation Certificate v3 or higher
What you get:
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.
JCPenney proudly serves customers at more than 650 stores across the United States and Puerto Rico, and at the Company’s flagship store, jcp.com. JCPenney is one of the nation’s largest retailers of apparel, home, jewelry, and beauty merchandise with a growing portfolio of private and national brands. Guided by the Golden Rule, JCPenney employs more than 60,000 associates worldwide and has served customers for over 119 years, playing a vital role in the communities it serves. For additional information, please visit jcp.com and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: Problem Manager - Business Analyst 2
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1107295
J.C. Penney Company Inc.