Information Governance and Privacy Program Manager
The Information Governance Program Manager is a key member of the privacy, data protection, and information governance group within the Legal Department. The Information Governance Program Manager supports the Company’s technology initiatives to meet its privacy and data protection obligations, information governance strategy, and strategic goals, and manages the Company’s Records and Information management (RIM) program.
- Manages the design and implementation of technology processes and programs in support of the Company’s Information Governance program, including RIM, litigation holds, privacy, data protection, and other strategic initiatives.
- Directs the electronic records management strategy and framework enterprise-wide.
- Leads the strategic direction for information governance by developing and expanding data quality, information architecture, and asset management and tracking capabilities.
- Develops and supports the implementation of strategies to reduce and mitigate privacy and information governance risk pursuant to compliance and legal obligations.
- Works with the legal department and business clients to establish policies governing the collection of data, including how the business creates, acquires, uses, retains, secures, maintains, shares, releases, and disposes of data.
- Assists with developing documented processes, procedures, user guides and other necessary training materials to support information governance, data protection and data privacy program.
- Reviews, evaluates, and enhances records retention schedules and policies to align with the Company’s legal obligations and operational needs.
- Assists with development, implementation, and maintenance of comprehensive data retention and disposition program.
- Works with legal technology vendors, staying apprised of trends in pricing and technology.
- Works with attorneys to ensure that the Company’s legal hold obligations are met.
- Works with attorneys in the initial assessment and investigation of claims.
- Coordinates and manages large electronic discovery collections and productions.
- Works with business units throughout the Company regarding procedures, processes and/or projects related to legal matters, as required and appropriate to obtain information and data, and to ensure adherence to legal requirements.
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- College degree or comparable paralegal experience; paralegal certificate from ABA accredited paralegal program preferred.
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience designing and implementing processes and procedures, including automated solutions to improve efficiencies across multiple business functions. Legal department experience preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, multi-tasking, attention to detail, resourcefulness, and use of collaborative solutions in handling issues or tasks.
- Ability to work independently, manage simultaneous projects, and perform under pressure.
- Knowledge of and experience with electronic discovery rules and document collection procedures.
- Experience and working knowledge of e-Discovery tools and applications.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook required; experience with iManage preferred.
- Strong technology background and ability to bridge legal requirements with technology solutions.
- eDiscovery Specialist (ACEDS), OneTrust Professional, and Information Governance certifications preferred.
What you get:
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.
JCPenney proudly serves customers at more than 650 stores across the United States and Puerto Rico, and at the Company’s flagship store, jcp.com. JCPenney is one of the nation’s largest retailers of apparel, home, jewelry, and beauty merchandise with a growing portfolio of private and national brands. Guided by the Golden Rule, JCPenney employs more than 60,000 associates worldwide and has served customers for over 119 years, playing a vital role in the communities it serves. For additional information, please visit jcp.com and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: Information Governance and Privacy Program Manager
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1107226
J.C. Penney Company Inc.