Store Design Manager
The Store Design Manager will support and assist Store Design Sr. Manager with day-to-day job functions to drive performance and create Store Design Solutions.
- Oversees Store Design for the entire Store, working in partnership with Division Merchants and Visual Merchants
- Provides work direction and mentorship to Specialist or Sr. Specialist, Store Design
- Develops Elevations in AutoCAD of existing and new Wall conditions, notates wall finishes, graphic frame and hardware mounting heights, dimensions and special conditions to ensure General Contractors build, paint, install as specified, and for Stores to implement
- Creates overall design concepts and designs fixture layouts based on Buying teams strategy, coordinating with Procurement and Suppliers
- Creates/Develops/Presents Fixture Sets at Lab Store and Layouts for Stores to implement
- Coordinates with Design and Buying teams on upcoming trends and how to bring them to life in store
- Creates and Maintains visual standards
- Manages national vendor partnerships for all new Fixtures
- Draws Floor finish plans which specify each flooring type and location; draw interior key plans for each Wall Application
- Reviews Fixture and Scope Plans with Planning, Design and ConstructionTeams to understand and support scope of projects, dÃ©cor criteria; ensure accuracy
- Creates and places work orders through Construction Services for Walls and Floors
- Creates Finish Boards for new Stores, renovations, and rollouts; orders and provides samples of wall and fixure materials, and descriptions of each which include swatches, samples and finishes
- Develops project planning documentation of new store, renovation and rollout projects
- Creates DÃ©cor Plans and Takeoff Plans for the Construction/General Contractors
- Manages Fixture and Floor Plan mark ups
- Maintains database libraries of Fixture Inventory, Vendor Contacts, Vendor Assigned Projects to validate and drive on-time delivery and invoicing. Ensures drawings and Takeoffs are delivered per agreed upon timelines
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Excellent Drawing, Project Management, Organization and Multi-Tasking skills are a must
- Advanced AutoCAD 2019+ skillset
- Working knowledge of In-Design, Excel, MSWord, PowerPoint and Photoshop 5-7 years of hands-on Visual Merchandising experience
- Experience with Store Design and all aspects of Store Environment, including but not limited to Elevation markups and Takeoffs, Fixture design, Design and DÃ©cor construction plans/drawings; with understanding of Store Planning
- Excellent Verbal and Written Communication skills
- Customer-Focused ideas that Drive Results, Thinks Critically, Embraces Growth Midset, Takes Accountabilty, Demonstrates Leadership
- Bachelor’s degree - Interior Design or Interior Design background preferred
- Working knowledge and experience with industrial or fixture design
What you get:
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.
JCPenney proudly serves customers at more than 650 stores across the United States and Puerto Rico, and at the Company’s flagship store, jcp.com. JCPenney is one of the nation’s largest retailers of apparel, home, jewelry, and beauty merchandise with a growing portfolio of private and national brands. Guided by the Golden Rule, JCPenney employs more than 60,000 associates worldwide and has served customers for over 119 years, playing a vital role in the communities it serves. For additional information, please visit jcp.com and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: Store Design Manager
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1107269
J.C. Penney Company Inc.