Senior Counsel - Real Estate
Provides, and guides others in providing, legal services at a level of fully-developed expertise and judgment within certain specializedarea(s) of practice.
- Assumes primary responsibility for negotiation and/or drafting of legal documents, including contracts and related documentation, governmental or other regulatory filings and submissions and/or pleadings within specialized area(s) of practice utilizing judgment, technical knowledge, and expertise.
- Recommends solutions and courses of action to management associates to best achieve Company goals within the bounds of the law.
- Assumes primary responsibility for providing legal advice, guidance and recommendations to management associates relating to delivery of professional legal services applicable to significant Company activities.
- Provides expertise to other legal practice areas relating to assigned specialized area(s) of practice.
- Advocates and protects Company interests by (a) enforcing third party obligations, (b) defending and advancing the Company’s position in the resolution of disputes, governmental or regulatory charges and/or investigations and proceedings, the legislative, rulemaking or administrative process, the response to stockholder or public advocacy and/or the negotiation of agreements or transactions, (c) researching and drafting memoranda of law, and/or (d) ensuring Company compliance with law and/or contractual obligations in assigned area(s) of practice.
- Conducts, and guides others in conducting, legal research and assumes primary responsibility for the content of legal memoranda in a specialized area(s) of practice.
- As assigned, directs/supervises/advises Senior Attorneys, Senior Legal Analysts and/or Claims Sr Specialists in practice group on current and evolving issues in specialized area(s) of practice.
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Degree from a recognized law school and admission to the Bar. Specialized area(s) of practice.
- A minimum of 8 – 10 years of legal experience in specialized area(s) of practice or its equivalent.
- Technical knowledge and expertise in specialized area(s) of practice.
What you get:
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.
JCPenney proudly serves customers at more than 650 stores across the United States and Puerto Rico, and at the Company’s flagship store, jcp.com. JCPenney is one of the nation’s largest retailers of apparel, home, jewelry, and beauty merchandise with a growing portfolio of private and national brands. Guided by the Golden Rule, JCPenney employs more than 60,000 associates worldwide and has served customers for over 119 years, playing a vital role in the communities it serves. For additional information, please visit jcp.com and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: Senior Counsel - Real Estate
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1107101
J.C. Penney Company Inc.