Accounting Analyst - Payroll
The Accounting Analyst develops, implements, and operates reporting and analytical activities within assigned functions. This role will also support the effective processing and accumulation of financial data and its timely presentation to operating management. This role is a primarily a remote position, however, may require attending in person events at the Center.
- Performs assigned reporting and analytical activities in order to ensure accurate and timely payment of all Domestic JCPenney associates.
- Develops, implements, and conducts projects and analysis, as assigned, to ensure that proper and cost-effective controls are included in systems and processes.
- Develops and refines techniques that support reporting standards, controls, and measurements for management’s use.
- Collects and compiles data and presents oral and written reports to support development, implementation, or evaluation of analytical and accounting-related programs and procedures. Identifies areas in current systems and procedures that should be reviewed for improvement.
- Develops or supervises the development of proper written documentation for all finance, analytical and reporting-related processes in assigned functions.
- Ensures that Payroll is properly entered in the General ledger and assists in research and analysis on reconciling items.
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills.
- Advanced Analytical, Decision Making, and Conceptual Skills
- Thorough knowledge of procedures, systems, operations, standards, and reports that apply to financial reporting.
- Experienced user of SQL query tools
- Cross-functional enterprise understanding and the ability to lead cross-functional projects
- Demonstrates ability to lead multiple processes
- Experienced with data mining and independently able to find and analyze data to provide recommendations to management.
- Capable of managing workload and prioritizing multiple responsibilities in a dynamic work environment.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Ability to quickly learn and understand systems.
- Ability to collaborate with multiple departments and drive results
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or business related major OR 5 years of progressive reporting and analytical experience with exposure to multiple aspects of these functions.
- Familiarity with Data Mining, Lean Tools and PeopleSoft Payroll preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
- Lean, Six Sigma certification a plus.
What you get:
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.
JCPenney proudly serves customers at more than 650 stores across the United States and Puerto Rico, and at the Company’s flagship store, jcp.com. JCPenney is one of the nation’s largest retailers of apparel, home, jewelry, and beauty merchandise with a growing portfolio of private and national brands. Guided by the Golden Rule, JCPenney employs more than 60,000 associates worldwide and has served customers for over 119 years, playing a vital role in the communities it serves. For additional information, please visit jcp.com and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: Accounting Analyst - Payroll
Location: Salt Lake City, UT, United States -
Job ID: 1107164
J.C. Penney Company Inc.