Labor and Employment Senior Legal Analyst
The Labor and Employment Senior Legal Analyst works under the supervision of multiple attorneys, performs all legal assistance and/or paralegal functions related to the Company’s employment matters and handles certain responsibilities in which the legal analyst exercises discretion and independent non-legal judgment with respect to matters of significance.
- Gathers factual information relative to employment matters, providing general assistance to attorneys, and prepares summaries of factual findings, legal research, and/or sequential and chronological events for attorneys.
- Drafts position statements in response to administrative charges of discrimination filed before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and state regulatory agencies.
- Assists with the Company’s immigration matters, working with outside immigration counsel and internal clients to facilitate obtaining visas for JCPenney associates.
- Communicates with personnel at state and federal agencies regarding administrative proceedings in which JCPenney is an employer/party.
- Researches, analyzes and compiles employment information and Human Resources records to assist in advising the Company in employment matters.
- Maintains a thorough understanding of all aspects of the department’s work and its context in the organization as a whole, and maintains an awareness of, and stays up to date with changes in laws and procedures, specifically relating to the labor and employment practice area.
- Works with Human Resources department regarding procedures, processes and/or projects related to legal matters, as required and appropriate to obtain information and data, and to ensure adherence to legal requirements, including federal, state and local employment laws.
- Be ready to take on additional responsibility and lead projects as necessary to assist in achieving JCPenney’s employment-related objectives.
- May provide back-up support to other legal analysts in the Legal Department.
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- College degree or comparable paralegal experience is required; paralegal certificate from ABA accredited paralegal program is preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience providing paralegal support to attorneys, with employment law and immigration experience strongly preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, multi-tasking, attention to detail, resourcefulness, and use of collaborative solutions in handling issues or tasks.
- Must work well in a collaborative environment while also able to manage a docket of cases and meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Versatility in dealing with legal staff, clients, title companies and assignments.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook required; experience with iManage preferred.
What you get:
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.
JCPenney proudly serves customers at more than 650 stores across the United States and Puerto Rico, and at the Company’s flagship store, jcp.com. JCPenney is one of the nation’s largest retailers of apparel, home, jewelry, and beauty merchandise with a growing portfolio of private and national brands. Guided by the Golden Rule, JCPenney employs more than 60,000 associates worldwide and has served customers for over 119 years, playing a vital role in the communities it serves. For additional information, please visit jcp.com and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: Labor and Employment Senior Legal Analyst
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1106971
J.C. Penney Company Inc.