This job posting is no longer active.
Associate Accounting Manager
Leads team of 10 – 12 associates to ensure appropriate accounting controls are followed and effective processing, accumulation, and analysis of financial data and issues is completed. Responsible to provide financial information to operating management and other business partners in an accurate and timely manner. Other assigned tasks/projects/roles will be determined by management based on business need.
- Leads, organizes, and manages the accomplishment of assigned accounting activities in order to provide timely financial information to appropriate company management.
- Directs team to analyze financial data within assigned area and to prepare reports for operational and finance management.
- Manages the development and implementation of financial projects, as assigned, ensuring proper and cost-effective accounting standards and controls are included in all systems and processes.
- Establishes, or assists to establish accounting and financial controls and measurements within assigned area.
- Ensures that proper written documentation exists for all finance and accounting related processes in assigned function.
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills
- Advanced analytical, decision making, and conceptual skills
- Thorough knowledge of procedures, systems, operations, standards, and reports that apply to accounting
- Cross-functional enterprise understanding and the ability to lead cross-functional projects
- Demonstrates ability to lead multiple processes
- Experienced with data mining and independently able to find and analyze data to provide recommendations to management
- Capable of managing workload and prioritizing multiple responsibilities in a dynamic work environment
- Ability to collaborate with multiple departments and drive results
Additional duties include:
- Driving process improvements by engaging team members and working with business partners and IT resources
- Partnering with 3rd party providers to ensure smooth handling of daily settlement and customer disputes
- Managing account reconciliations for company receivables
- Ensuring SOX and PCI compliance
- Acting as key contributor on cross-functional project teams
- Managing a team of 10 - 12 associates
Experience / Education
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with an accounting, finance or business major, or equivalent business experience.
- 5 years of progressive general accounting/finance, analytical and management experience with exposure to multiple aspects of these functions. Prefer strong understanding of retail accounting processes.
- Familiarity with Data Mining and Lean Tools, as well as Microsoft Office products. Oracle R12, AssureNET, and ReconNET software tools preferred.
- Lean, Six Sigma certification a plus
- Proven leadership ability, with organizational, prioritization and decision-making skills
- Ability to work under pressure and handle highly confidential information.
- A positive attitude to get the job done in a quality fashion with the ability to be flexible with work schedules
Job Title: Accounting Associate Manager
Location: Salt Lake City, UT, United States -
Job ID: 1107061
J.C. Penney Company Inc.