HR Operations Specialist
The HR Operations Specialist will report to the HR Operations Manager and will partner with legal, stores, distribution centers, corporate business partners, international and vendors.
- Shares responsibility for monitoring group mailboxes; consults with team lead and/or senior team members as needed to determine appropriate responses to questions sent to group mailboxes
- Participates in onboarding of new associates by leading them through the onboarding checklist and verifying Form I-9 documents
- Coordinates follow-up on Form I-9 related issue and provides training as needed
- Assists with managing HR policies; posts new or updated policies, archives replaced policies, works with various internal teams to help draft policies as needed
- Submits communications through the My Game Plan process (stores) and vie email to HR BPs and management teams regarding compliance issues and policy updates
- Provide ad-hoc reporting as needed. Coordinates with senior team members, and asks relevant questions to enable understanding of requirements and expected results
- Works with legal, HR business partners and HRIS team to develop internal guidelines on time-off programs to ensure associates are paid in accordance with state and local laws
- Track and accurately prepare payment files for payroll team to process
- Updates HRIS system as needed with associate changes
- Track and accurately prepare data files for submission to Alight (benefits vendor)
- Possess a passion for data integrity, accuracy and attention to detail
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Has the ability to communicate effectively with internal and external clients via email, calls, and virtual meetings
- Has the ability to interpret email communications to ensure business requirements are clearly defined
- Participates in status calls with the HR Operations team, Legal and Benefits teams as needed
- Has the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization
- Helps develop solutions to streamline and automate processes as needed; seeks advice and makes recommendations for improvement to ensure operational effectiveness
- Ability to validate data results for efficiency and accuracy
- Partners with the Payroll team to process various payments as needed by the business.
- Ability to evaluate requests and provide accurate information based on the evaluation.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and deliver results against clearly defined deadlines is required.
- Insatiable curiosity, Critical Thinking, Team work, and Sense of urgency are required
- Skills in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word. MS Access is a plus
- Experience with reporting tools, reporting software, and other reporting applications
- Microsoft SharePoint or related data management program.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or Finance preferred
- 0-3 years’ experience in Human Resources or store supervision.
What you get:
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.
JCPenney proudly serves customers at more than 650 stores across the United States and Puerto Rico, and at the Company’s flagship store, jcp.com. JCPenney is one of the nation’s largest retailers of apparel, home, jewelry, and beauty merchandise with a growing portfolio of private and national brands. Guided by the Golden Rule, JCPenney employs more than 60,000 associates worldwide and has served customers for over 119 years, playing a vital role in the communities it serves. For additional information, please visit jcp.com and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: HR Operations Specialist
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1107051
J.C. Penney Company Inc.