This job posting is no longer active.
Senior Manager - Workforce Management Operations
- Develop and maintain accurate forecasting and projections of current and future needs by channel (inbound phone calls, live, chat, text, email, case management, and social media) for the network including multi-vendor and multi-site locations (domestic, near-shore and off-shore).
- Develop benchmarks using metrics, industry standards and original concepts.
- Lead scheduling strategy efforts (creation/flexibility/optimization) across sites and ensures proper number of associates is planned for consistent achievement of service standards. Ensures that the Contact Center is aware of Legal Requirements in each country and that work processes are adapted to meet those requirements.
- Implement and oversee the execution of standard operating procedures for real time monitoring of volume and activity to meet key metrics.
- Generate financial forecast for all internal expenses and third parties and partner with finance for inclusion in total network budget at the yearly, monthly, and weekly levels.
- Own planning, design, and implementation of the Workforce Management System, including the creation, implementation of processes and continuous improvement to realize expected financial performance.
- Oversee and manage the collection, analysis, and reporting on performance statistics to drive operational efficiencies, proactive responsiveness, and long-term forecasting.
- Trends real-time contact arrival patterns and adjusts staffing needs across all locations accordingly.
- Pro-actively identifies and helps resolve call volume interruptions and system outages that impact contact center performance.
- Design and implement ticket handling processes, procedures and best practices, resulting world-class response, resolution, and closure times.
- Trains team members, managers, and trainers on the use of work-force planning tools.
- Leads, develops, manages and assigns work as appropriate to the workforce management team.
- Coordinates access and permissions set up and removal for 1000 – 2500 associates and orchestrates continual process improvement based on issues surfaced through help desk process.
- Sustain consistent pay processes and coding of time to ensure associate payroll is accurate and timely.
- Coordinate with Customer Care Center Directors to proactively address behavioral, process driven, or systematic concerns to ultimately meet service levels and other network objectives.
- Aligns organization on impact of new customer activities, cost initiatives, or systematic changes; brings to light unintended consequences and impact on channels of communication, agent groups, or customer; works closely with home office and field partners.
- Provides leadership in design concept, development, testing, and implementation of new technology and systems in collaboration with JCPenney IT, vendors, and consultants; participates in evaluation of new external clients and pricing.
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Strategic Vision – Sets a purpose and outlines a future path for the organization: provides clear expectations and shares rationale behind decisions that are made; identifies strategies and objectives
- Develops Talent – Builds a diverse and high performing team; differentiates performance based on individual associate successes and developmental opportunities; coaches and provides insights, feedback and stretch assignments to grow and improve talent; empowers team by delegating decision-making where possible to build skill and increase engagement; recognizes and rewards associates for outstanding effort; shows they care about their associates by discussing future opportunities and development plans
- Practices Candor – Tells it like it is; is frank and sincere in communications; is an approachable and unguarded leader; shares honest and constructive feedback with team; freely admits own mistakes
- Thinks Critically – Develops sound conclusions based on analysis of data and deep understanding of the business/ customer; understands complex issues and makes sound decisions based on wisdom and experience; anticipates implications of decisions; finds solutions with minimal guidance
- Builds Relationships – Develops positive and inclusive relationships; establishes strong networks across the company; is understanding and approachable and considerate; shows respect for different styles, backgrounds, and perspectives; gives credit to others; is a team player; communicates effectively and tailors message to audience
- Advanced Excel, knowledge of Cisco suite and WFM applications
- College degree required or equivalent work experience
- Engineering or business administration major preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible telecommunication experience in operations or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years WFM experience
What you get:
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.
JCPenney proudly serves customers at more than 650 stores across the United States and Puerto Rico, and at the Company’s flagship store, jcp.com. JCPenney is one of the nation’s largest retailers of apparel, home, jewelry, and beauty merchandise with a growing portfolio of private and national brands. Guided by the Golden Rule, JCPenney employs more than 60,000 associates worldwide and has served customers for over 119 years, playing a vital role in the communities it serves. For additional information, please visit jcp.com and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: Senior Manager - Workforce Management Operations
Location: Columbus, OH, United States -
Job ID: 1107039
J.C. Penney Company Inc.