Security Engineer 2 - IT Security & Compliance
The Security Engineer 2 will report to Sr Manager, Security Engineering and will be part of the team that is responsible for the IT Security and Compliance within JCPenney. â€<
- Manage the day-to-day and project-centered engineering efforts for SIEM, IPS/IDS and Secure Web Gateway, including use-case design, capability planning, logging strategies, data analytics enrichment, advanced support troubleshooting and system stability and availability.
- Work closely with network and infrastructure engineering teams to create and implement custom security solutions that adhere to JCP security standards and risk management strategies
- Work with business partners to translate business requirements into technical design use-cases and solutions
- Design and implement risk management principles and industry-standard enterprise architecture guidelines as part of build and deployment lifecycles
- Provide engineering focus and solution planning for existing and new technology security stacks
- Plan and implement best practices and security controls during design and build processes, to ensure confidentiality, integrity, and availability
- Pro-actively identify and help remediate technology gaps and technical blockers to ensure downstream and upstream systems are performing optimally
- Continually research and maintain good working knowledge of emerging threats and risks, risk management principles, and enterprise architecture frameworks
- Participate in technology roadmap planning and definition
- Maintain up-to-date architectural and support documentation for security stacks and services
- Effectively manage assigned incidents, work-orders, and change requests within defined SLAs
- Mentor junior security engineers and analysts and serve as a POC for ITSC members
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Experience: 5+ years of relevant experience in security disciplines; engineering, architecture, risk management, or equivalent knowledge.
- Experience with designing, building, and implementing security-centric systems and architectures
- Knowledge of various security methodologies and processes, and technical security solutions (NG firewalls, IDS/IPS, SIEM, web-gateways, IAM, endpoint, vulnerability management)
- Strong working knowledge of networking principles, including TCP/IP, routing, switching, NAT, PAT, MPLS, IPSEC and firewall rule logic and analysis
- Experience working closely with project and program managers to define security requirements and deliverables
- Must be comfortable working on multiple, complex issues and projects within defined timelines
- Strong working knowledge of MITRE ATT&CK and D3FEND frameworks
- Experience with Threat Modeling and Enterprise Architecture frameworks is preferred
- Experience with SASE, UEBA, and SOAR technologies is a plus
- Previous network engineering experience is a plus
- CISSP, SSCP, CCNA, CCNP, CCNP-Security certifications or other related certifications preferred
- Works independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written
- Demonstrates analytical skills with ability to visualize and articulate complex problems / concepts
What you get:
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.
JCPenney proudly serves customers at more than 650 stores across the United States and Puerto Rico, and at the Company’s flagship store, jcp.com. JCPenney is one of the nation’s largest retailers of apparel, home, jewelry, and beauty merchandise with a growing portfolio of private and national brands. Guided by the Golden Rule, JCPenney employs more than 60,000 associates worldwide and has served customers for over 119 years, playing a vital role in the communities it serves. For additional information, please visit jcp.com and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: Security Engineer 2 - IT Security & Compliance
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1107037
J.C. Penney Company Inc.