Director, Omni Creative Marketing
The Director, Omni Creative Marketing will be responsible for creating and executing campaigns and toolkits across all marketing channels in Digital, Social, Audio/Visual and Print. Partners will all creative teams to exhibit a fully integrated and seamless weekly, monthly, and seasonally focused campaign toolkits for all touchpoints. Ensures that all projects are consistent with overall Company policy, branding and positioning objectives. Oversees timely scheduling, completion and budgetary control of each project during the creative process, including freelance and turnkey. Coordinates freelance scheduling, workload and budget constraints with project managers and buyers.
- Consults with Marketing Directors, Marketing Project Manager and Merchandise Marketing Managers to interpret the Marketing objectives and communicate feedback for each project.
- Provides leadership and direction in establishing synergy in all projects following the Company’s advertising objectives in other media, such as preprints, direct mailers, brochures, newspaper ads, outside agencies and services, studios, visual merchandising and catalog in consumer-oriented materials.
- Directs and oversees the development of advertising materials by outside ‘turnkey” studios, ensuring compatibility and continuity with core advertising assignments developed in-house in support of Company merchandising objectives as assigned.
- Advises and counsels on the creative development, functioning as a creative specialist and liaison between Marketing and Merchandising divisions. Ensures development of cohesive, consistent, creative concepts throughout all preprint advertising. Reviews and approves overall print templates to support strategic marketing goals.
- Coordinates review process with preprint teams to enhance timely review and communication of changes. Coordinates and follows up on final approval for release of assigned projects. Checks for effective creative advertising approaches and coordination of art and copy with other Company merchandising program elements.
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in Marketing, Graphic Design, Advertising or related field.
- 10+ years of experience in Creative Direction
- 5+ years of experience leading a team of 10 or more creative Art Directors and Copywriters.
- Direct Report management experience with demonstrated ability to lead, coach and mentor in both work and professional development.
- Demonstrate significant experience in a visual design role for a consumer- focused organization.
- Proven ability to interface effectively and comfortably with associates at all levels of the organization utilizing leadership skills and the aptitude to work with and negotiate with other departments.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, accuracy and good follow-through skills required.
- Ability to think innovatively and confidently propose solutions that are new and creative.
- High levels of professionalism, integrity, collaboration, transparency, communication, energy.
- Innovative thinker and continuous learner, is positive with a growth mindset, drives change with a “can do” attitude, is results-minded and action-oriented.
- Comfortable in a cost-conscious, fast-paced environment, moves with speed and urgency.
- Player coach with a strong work ethic, is driven and dives into the details when needed, makes things happen, resolves conflict and removes barriers.
- Expert in Adobe Creative Suite, knowledgeable in all creative platforms.
- Professional experience in high volume, high production creative environment.
- Solid knowledge of marketing, brand and design principles and development.
What you get:
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.
JCPenney proudly serves customers at more than 650 stores across the United States and Puerto Rico, and at the Company’s flagship store, jcp.com. JCPenney is one of the nation’s largest retailers of apparel, home, jewelry, and beauty merchandise with a growing portfolio of private and national brands. Guided by the Golden Rule, JCPenney employs more than 60,000 associates worldwide and has served customers for over 119 years, playing a vital role in the communities it serves. For additional information, please visit jcp.com and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: Director, Omni Creative Marketing
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1106988
J.C. Penney Company Inc.