This job posting is no longer active.
Planning & Allocation Director
The Planning & Allocation Director directs the Merchandise Planner and other Business Unit members on the creation of bottom-up merchandise and store plans in dollars and units at the class level to achieve the division's and Company's sales, gross profit, Gross Profit Return on Investment (GPROI), turnover, and operating profit objectives. Directs the Allocation Sr Manager and leads the allocation process for assigned area of responsibility. Manages the allocation process for assigned area of responsibility in support of entity sales, gross profit, inventory productivity, and operating profit objectives.
- Works with Divisional Merchandise Manager to provide leadership to Business Unit on creation of assortment plans and business strategies to achieve performance objectives. Ensures all performance objectives and Planning and Allocation initiatives are met.
- Accountable with the Divisional Merchandise Manager for ensuring all performance objectives are met in their assigned area of responsibility.
- Manages the development of bottom-up, weekly, class/subdivision/entity plan in both units and dollars at both the class and class/store level for sales, receipts, inventory, gross profit, and GPROI plans for the assigned area of responsibility into one comprehensive plan and analysis for review by the Director of Planning and Allocation.
- Manages the preparation of the weekly and monthly review of sales, gross profit and inventory results and coordinates subsequent re-forecasting estimates with Director of Planning and Allocation, as well as presents the forecast at the monthly Financial Review meeting.
- Manages the open-to-buy to ensure optimal performance is achieved by month, quarter and season, while managing the planned goals. Reviews and approves all forecasts from the Business Unit. Evaluates and approves lifecycle plans created by the Business Unit including promotional markdown strategies and exit strategies to maximize profitability while transitioning seasonal goods.
- Provides direction with Divisional Merchandise Manager for creation of assortment plan strategic intent, sets expectation for key items, validates and reviews bottom-up item plan from Merchandise Planners, reviews assortment plans in line reviews, and reviews, challenges, and approves the reconciliation of item plans from Merchandise Planner and assortment plan from the Buyer.
- Manages the development and training of all Planning and Allocation associates within the area of responsibility. Hires, coaches, and develops a quality Planning and Allocation team including succession planning. Provides leadership and fosters the professional growth of their team.
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- College degree preferred. Graduate degree desirable.
- Business planning and financial analysis
- Analytical skills, knowledge of merchandise planning and allocation strategies
- Critical analysis and problem solving, inventory management, interpersonal communications
- Ability to influence others, supervisory and organizational skills
- Develop and coach Allocation Sr Managers, Business Analyst, and Merchandise Planners
What you get:
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.
JCPenney proudly serves customers at more than 650 stores across the United States and Puerto Rico, and at the Company’s flagship store, jcp.com. JCPenney is one of the nation’s largest retailers of apparel, home, jewelry, and beauty merchandise with a growing portfolio of private and national brands. Guided by the Golden Rule, JCPenney employs more than 60,000 associates worldwide and has served customers for over 119 years, playing a vital role in the communities it serves. For additional information, please visit jcp.com and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: Planning & Allocation Director
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1105300
J.C. Penney Company Inc.