Sourcing Senior Manager - Technology
An expert role that applies specific category and industry expertise to lead strategic sourcing activities for assigned category of spend, with the goal of achieving significant cost reductions, productivity improvements, and maintained or improved product quality and vendor service levels and provides leadership to procurement professionals. The Strategic Sourcing Senior Manager reports to the Sourcing Director.
- Overarching ownership of development, approval, and execution of strategies for sourcing initiatives
- Form and oversee cross-functional teams to drive identification of sourcing opportunities and requirements, including desired outcome and constraints
- Assist Sourcing Director in establishing team’s success criteria and attaining desired results
- Act as escalation point for all sourcing related issues and disputes, coordinate stakeholder involvement, and establish appropriate resolution action plan
- Assist Sourcing Director in the training, development, and coaching of associates in line with corporate core competencies and continuous improvement
- Cultivate relationships with key stakeholders and external vendors to understand and prioritize business objectives, requirements, and constraints; navigate across business and functional lines to drive stakeholder alignment toward desired outcomes
- Lead complex and highly visible contract negotiations for favorable terms and conditions, including pricing and risk mitigation
- Work with Sourcing Director and VP to establish semi-annual category business plans to achieve company goals and objectives
- Prepare and conduct executive-level communication and presentations
- Works with Sourcing Director to establish priorities, execution plans, and talent development strategies
- Engages at all levels across a diverse set of internal and external stakeholder groups to influence ideal strategic outcomes
- Provides leadership direction and developmental coaching to sourcing team
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Successful, multi-year track record of managing projects, business relationships, and staff development (7+ years of work experience in procurement, or equivalent)
- CPM (Certified Purchasing Manager) or APICS (American Production and Inventory Control Society) certification is desirable
- Expert commodity experience preferred
- Exceptional problem solving, critical thinking , and analytical skills
- Proactive, inquisitive, self-motivated, and has a growth mindset
- Has a sense of urgency and pace, managing milestones with capacity to prioritize/align conflicting demands
- Good planning/project management skills – able to develop comprehensive workable solutions in complex situations
- Solid organization skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Strong negotiation skills with a deep understanding of contractual fundamentals
- Ability to function, and lead ambiguous and/or time-sensitive situations
- Strong interpersonal skills and can communicate effectively to multiple levels
- Ability to collaborate with others to achieve results
What you get:
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.
JCPenney proudly serves customers at more than 650 stores across the United States and Puerto Rico, and at the Company’s flagship store, jcp.com. JCPenney is one of the nation’s largest retailers of apparel, home, jewelry, and beauty merchandise with a growing portfolio of private and national brands. Guided by the Golden Rule, JCPenney employs more than 60,000 associates worldwide and has served customers for over 119 years, playing a vital role in the communities it serves. For additional information, please visit jcp.com and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: Sourcing Senior Manager - Technology
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1107003
J.C. Penney Company Inc.