This job posting is no longer active.
Associate Creative Director, Art
JCPenney is seeking an experienced conceptual and collaborative senior art manager with an acute sense of detail to bring retail marketing strategies to life in digital, print, content stories, social, broadcast and more. Candidate's work will align to company objectives, with the goal of increasing customer engagement. Candidate should have no fewer than eight years' experience in art direction and design, with demonstrated experience leading a team.
This position reports to a Creative Director in the JCPenney marketing department. In addition to their own workload, the Senior Creative Manager will manage a team of art directors, manage their team's assignments and workload, provide development opportunities, assess talent and conduct performance reviews. Primary Responsibilities:
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Create compelling design for creative toolkits, digital assets, social media, print collateral and special projects that achieves the Company's priorities of promoting immediate sales and achieving the Company's fashion/brand image goals.
- Use vital information from creative briefs and effectively apply it to creative executions that will motivate customers.
- Ensure details of projects are on-brand, thoroughly thought out and well designed.
- Effectively communicate with project management to ensure projects meet deadlines and the requirements of the project.
- Be a student of retail, offer insights on current retail landscape and competitor set.
- Bachelor's Degree in Fine Arts, Graphic Design or Advertising
- 8 or more years of design, graphic arts, and production-agency or in-house marketing experience preferred
- Retail fashion experience preferred
- Significant experience in layout for print, digital and social media with proven graphic skills.
- Strong typography skills with close attention to details such as size, message hierarchy, kerning and leading.
- Photo and video art direction experience.
- Excellent knowledge of design techniques, tools and principles.
- Demonstrated creativity and aesthetic sensitivity.
- Excellent attention to detail and strong visualization skills.
- Demonstrate strong conceptual thinking.
- Demonstrated understanding of company's business needs, and the ability to concept and deliver compelling solutions that align with overall creative strategy.
- Proven ability to listen and act on stakeholder feedback with creative solutions and a positive attitude.
- Ability to present work confidently to colleagues and various levels of upper management.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment, be self-motivated and adaptable to change.
- Must be proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, particularly in InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator. Experience with Adobe After Effects is a plus. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Maturity and a can-do attitude.
- Embody a growth mindset.
- Excellent time management and communication skills.
- Management experience.
Note: Please submit a link to online portfolio with your application. What you get:
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.About JCPenney:
JCPenney proudly serves customers at more than 650 stores across the United States and Puerto Rico, and at the Company's flagship store, jcp.com. JCPenney is one of the nation's largest retailers of apparel, home, jewelry, and beauty merchandise with a growing portfolio of private and national brands. Guided by the Golden Rule, JCPenney employs more than 60,000 associates worldwide and has served customers for over 119 years, playing a vital role in the communities it serves. For additional information, please visit jcp.com and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: Associate Creative Director, Art
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1105216
J.C. Penney Company Inc.