Senior Director of Total Rewards
Oversees and leads the strategic planning, design, development and implementation of Compensation & Benefits HRIS plans and programs. Ensures the Company offers competitive and effective compensation, benefits plans along with effective HRIS programs that meet strategic HR objectives.
- Oversees development of compensation policies, programs and pay levels incorporating Company business needs, associates’ needs,industry practices, and general trends
- Provides strategic leadership, vision and operational direction in the development and implementation of major HR systems projects impacting the entire company. Ensures that a holistic and systemic approach is taken to designing and acquiring HR systems, that interdependencies are identified, addressed, and HR processes are as efficient as possible before technology is selected to support the processes.
- Ensures design and development of new or revised compensation and benefits plans, programs, standards and procedures that incorporate financial/administrative controls and cost considerations. Develops administrative requirements for plans and programs to ensure proper and effective service to associates and that Company philosophy and long-range compensation strategies become the basis of actual pay plans.
- Provides leadership for the development of strategic HR systems plans for the evolution of existing applications into systems with enhanced functionality, modularity, flexibility and integration.
- Oversees leadership for benefits design and management of outside benefits consultants in review of competitiveness of benefits package and change recommendations to ensure the Company offers an effective benefits package to the associates.
- Oversees leadership of the benefits functions of vendor management, contract negotiation, legal and government regulations, compliance monitoring, associate appeals, communication of plans and other materials, retirement planning, and special projects relating to the Benefits area, to ensure the Company offers a competitive and effective package to associates across the enterprise, producing maximum results at the lowest acceptable costs.
- Ensures the development and communication of comprehensive integrated materials to inform and explain to associates the provisions and implications of Company benefits.
- Ensures review of benefits programs in relation to the total compensation program, conducting studies of benefits practices and costs, and analyzing trends to enable management to assess the competitiveness and effectiveness of the Company’s position on benefits across the enterprise.
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Undergraduate degree with major in business administration, human resources management, business law or statistics preferable.
- Master’s in business administration desirable. CCP and/or CEBs certification desirable.
- Minimum of 15 years’ experience that includes a combination of; 3 - 5 years in compensation plan development 3 - 5 years in benefits plan design and/or administration and 3 – 5 years HRIS experience.
What you get:
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.
JCPenney proudly serves customers at more than 650 stores across the United States and Puerto Rico, and at the Company’s flagship store, jcp.com. JCPenney is one of the nation’s largest retailers of apparel, home, jewelry, and beauty merchandise with a growing portfolio of private and national brands. Guided by the Golden Rule, JCPenney employs more than 60,000 associates worldwide and has served customers for over 119 years, playing a vital role in the communities it serves. For additional information, please visit jcp.com and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: Senior Director of Total Rewards
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1105208
J.C. Penney Company Inc.