The Senior Auditor participates in and manages audits of an assigned audit area, functional area or subsidiary to ensure that proper analysis is utilized to determine whether a system of control exists, is adequate, is effectively maintained and includes appropriate corrective action.
- Determines the extent of compliance with Company policies and procedures, the accuracy of financial and statistical information, the adherence to federal, state, and local laws and regulations for assigned Company activities, and ensures that the established system of internal control is properly functioning.
- Participates in and manages specific audits of suppliers, landlords, developers, or contractors as assigned, to determine that the cost of goods and services rendered is in accordance with contractual agreements.
- Prepares or assures preparation of the pre-audit survey to determine procedures in use, locate potential problem areas and prepare or update the formal audit program to be used during the audit.
- Schedules and supervises the activities of auditors during the audit; reviews work papers prepared by auditors for technical accuracy and thoroughness; counsels and guides on audit scope and approach for portions of the audit assigned to the other auditors.
- Develops approach and conducts audit examination of various business processes, plans work, prepares budget, and prepares work papers to support audit findings. Prepares and/or directs the preparation of a draft audit report to be discussed with management at the conclusion of the audit.
- Upon request, conducts special investigations involving known or suspected misappropriation of Company funds or property, or other actions by associates or outsiders that could be detrimental to the Company's best interests.
- Assists in the development of annual audit plans and priorities within the assigned area of audit responsibility. Develops and/or updates audit programs for use in auditing these areas.
- Provides assistance to the Company's external auditors by jointly participating in audits, or by independently performing certain phases of audit work using audit programs.
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent experience required, CIA or CPA desirable.
- Major in accounting or finance preferred.
- Satisfactory completion of selected courses and/or experience in information technology
- 2–4 years of auditing experience within the Company and/or with other firms.
- Working knowledge of conditions, trends, and practices relating to auditing within and outside the Company.
- Thorough knowledge of Company organization policies and procedures or ability to acquire rapidly.
What you get:
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.
JCPenney proudly serves customers at more than 650 stores across the United States and Puerto Rico, and at the Company’s flagship store, jcp.com. JCPenney is one of the nation’s largest retailers of apparel, home, jewelry, and beauty merchandise with a growing portfolio of private and national brands. Guided by the Golden Rule, JCPenney employs more than 60,000 associates worldwide and has served customers for over 119 years, playing a vital role in the communities it serves. For additional information, please visit jcp.com and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: Senior Auditor
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1105121
J.C. Penney Company Inc.