Senior Director of HR - Stores
JCPenney is seeking a Senior Director of HR – Stores to lead the JCPenney Stores HR generalist teams. The Sr. Director will create an HR Stores strategy and partner with business unit leaders and teams in the Stores organization in the development and implementation of all HR plans and programs to build effective teams and manage and drive performance.
The Sr. Director of HR Stores is responsible for facilitating, innovating and pro-actively infusing innovative best practices that drive business impact across the Company’s human capital programs and initiatives, they include: supporting talent acquisition and pipeline development strategy, Inclusion & Diversity, leadership development programs, performance management, succession planning, total rewards framework, organizational design and effectiveness, change management, and associate relations.
- Be an exemplary leader who builds top-performing teams, communicates extremely well, holds people accountable and strives to always get to the best decision for JCPenney and its associates.
- Provide an HR Stores vision and strategy in alignment with the business strategy and lead positive change toward achieving the vision by advancing and perpetuating a culture of measurable continuous improvement in developing human capital across the organization.
- Define and develop the HR function’s role and its annual objectives with particular emphasis on ensuring that such plans and programs support and enhance collaboration among teams and are in alignment with the overall business and HR strategies.
- Oversee the implementation of an effective performance management system tied closely to the business objectives and the administration of the total rewards programs.
- Build top-performing teams across Stores and support diversity and inclusion initiatives to attract great talent.
- In conjunction with the Stores leadership team, serve as the driving force in change management and establishing and reinforcing the Company’s transformative culture and values as it continues to be more customer focused, fast-paced, and efficient.
- Lead/sponsor programs promoting organizational flexibility and effectiveness.
- Hire, develop and motivate a committed, focused human resource team capable of supporting the current and future needs of the Company. Create back-up for key roles by cross-training key individuals.
- Provides direction to Human Resource Business Partners on business strategy, workforce planning and policy interpretation to include risk mitigation and compliance of all regulatory and legal requirements.
- Provides HR expertise and consultation to attain increased organizational effectiveness.
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- 10-15 years retail HR business experience which includes direct knowledge of large scale retail transformation.
- Proven track record leading the retail and associate relations human resource function as an enterprise-wide leader.
- In-depth understanding of, and experience with, all facets of HR, including Strategy Development, Talent Acquisition, Succession Planning, Associate Relations, Organizational Design, Talent Development, Employee Relations, Total Rewards, HRIS, and Inclusion & Diversity.
- An understanding of the collective bargaining process and exposure to a unionized environment or expertise with union-avoidance programs.
- Proactive influential leader with excellent leadership skills, teaching and motivational abilities with experience leading high performance teams.
- Experience contributing at the senior management level to develop an organization’s strategic and annual human capital plans and ensuring that the company has the human resources capacity to deliver agreed upon business objectives and plans.
- Proven track record partnering with business leaders to drive strategies through innovative HR processes and initiatives that are cost effective and have made a demonstrated contribution to building businesses HR infrastructure in alignment with human capital requirements globally to keep a nimble, experienced, and well-trained workforce.
- Experience creatively recruiting, onboarding, engaging, developing and motivating a strong, diverse human resources team.
- Possesses the leadership, reputation and presence to be able to attract best-in-class talent to the organization.
- Must be viewed as a business leader first with a track record of developing a strategic vision for the human resource supply chain organization, tactically executing and leading the vision and being accountable for the results.
- Proven track record of objectively making decisions for the companies associates and company that align with the JCPenney Plan for Renewal.
- Undergraduate degree required.
What you get:
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.
JCPenney proudly serves customers at more than 650 stores across the United States and Puerto Rico, and at the Company’s flagship store, jcp.com. JCPenney is one of the nation’s largest retailers of apparel, home, jewelry, and beauty merchandise with a growing portfolio of private and national brands. Guided by the Golden Rule, JCPenney employs more than 60,000 associates worldwide and has served customers for over 119 years, playing a vital role in the communities it serves. For additional information, please visit jcp.com and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: Senior Director of HR - Stores
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1105126
J.C. Penney Company Inc.