Merchandise Project Specialist - Beauty
The Merchandise Project Specialist will support and assist the Sr. Project Manager of Operations in the management of assigned projects and tasks for Beauty.
- Owns store communications and implements key programs, as assigned, in areas of merchandising, merchandising operations, and procurement.
- Aides in creation and maintenance of project calendar and assists with scheduling all project related meetings and communications.
- Supports multiple projects simultaneously, serves as a lead for smaller projects, helps with portions of larger projects focusing on project details and follow-up actions that maximize project outcomes.
- Assists in the communication and follow-up of all elements of assigned projects and programs to ensure exemplary execution and project implementation, scheduling and meeting due dates.
- Prepare agendas for meetings, document key decisions, and collaborate with team members to develop timelines.
- Facilitate meetings, contribute to planning and decision making, coordinate project resources and liaise with project stakeholders to collect and disseminate project information.
- Responsible for specific tasks or activities in the department they are assigned to including operations, communications, and store environment
- Assists in establishing/maintaining merchandising standards documentation, controls and measurement for operating management’s use.
- Utilizes problem-solving skills and applies solutions.
- Communicates effectively in both oral and written forms to a variety of stakeholders.
- Ability to handle difficult situations with professionalism and courtesy.
- Intermediate MS Office Suite skills including PowerPoint/Excel/Word /Access, as well as Outlook
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Must be organized and have a proven ability to track and complete deadline-driven tasks.
- Strong time management, organizational skills and the ability to multitask are a must. Excellent judgment, with strong detail-oriented skills, is essential. Ability to work in an environment that changes rapidly. Looking for a detail oriented, persistent and organized team player.
- Outstanding communication skills (oral and written), interpersonal skills, and the ability to build value added relationships with individuals at all levels both internally and externally
- Demonstrate self-starter, initiative, and ability to make decisions independently.
- Requires skills in communication, adaptability, managing work, and customer focus.
- Requires knowledge of the organization, its services and policies and procedures.
- Takes initiative for process improvement
- 2-5 years' customer service experience as it relates to email and verbal communication.
- College degree preferred. Training in management or in a merchandising-related discipline is desirable, though not mandatory
What you get:
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.
JCPenney proudly serves customers at more than 650 stores across the United States and Puerto Rico, and at the Company’s flagship store, jcp.com. JCPenney is one of the nation’s largest retailers of apparel, home, jewelry, and beauty merchandise with a growing portfolio of private and national brands. Guided by the Golden Rule, JCPenney employs more than 60,000 associates worldwide and has served customers for over 119 years, playing a vital role in the communities it serves. For additional information, please visit jcp.com and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. â€<â€<â€<â€<â€<â€<â€<
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: Merchandise Project Specialist - Beauty
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1105027
J.C. Penney Company Inc.