Art Director, Photography
The Art Director will work with the Creative Sr. Art Director, Copy Manager/writers and Project Manager to ensure seasonal direction, established color palettes, consistency in art direction, design and branding, as well as create a cohesive relationship between visual and written creative concepts.
- Create compelling design for print and digital assets, social media and special projects that achieves the Company’s priorities of promoting immediate sales, achieving fashion and brand image goals, and appealing to customers through compelling visual storytelling
- Directs a variety of photo shoots (fashion, home, jewelry, on-figure and still life)
- Handles multiple projects in various states of production
- Take vital information from creative briefs and effectively applying it into creative
executions that will motivate customers to buy.
- Collaborates with Creative Sr. Art Directors, Managers and project team members and to ensure
details of projects are on-brand, thoroughly thought out and well designed.
- Effectively communicates with Creative Sr. Managers to ensure project design meets the needs requested.
- Checks projects to ensure accuracy, adequacy of selling message and creative effectiveness before submitting to senior management.
- Ensures corrections that have been requested are completed on assigned projects
before being reviewed by senior management.
- Monitors own time on assigned projects to ensure established due dates are met.
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Fine Arts, Graphic Design or Advertising preferred.
- 3-5 years of photo art direction, design, graphic arts, and production in retail fashion preferred.
- Significant experience in digital and current social media with proven graphic skills. Print experience a plus.
- Keen eye for photography, cropping and composition
- Strong typography skills with close attention to details such as kerning and leading.
- Excellent knowledge of design techniques, tools and principles; video and gif animation a plus.
- Demonstrated creativity, aesthetic sensitivity.
- Excellent attention to detail and strong visualization skills.
- Eager to work on projects that begin in concept phase and take them to execution stage.
- Ability to understand direction and feedback and keep up with tight deadlines.
- Ability to present work confidently to both colleagues and various levels of management.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment with the ability to be self-motivated and adaptive to change.
- Must be proficient in Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, AfterEffects and other MAC based applications and design programs.
- NOTE: Please submit a link to online portfolio with application.
What you get:
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.
JCPenney proudly serves customers at more than 650 stores across the United States and Puerto Rico, and at the Company’s flagship store, jcp.com. JCPenney is one of the nation’s largest retailers of apparel, home, jewelry, and beauty merchandise with a growing portfolio of private and national brands. Guided by the Golden Rule, JCPenney employs more than 60,000 associates worldwide and has served customers for over 119 years, playing a vital role in the communities it serves. For additional information, please visit jcp.com and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: Art Director, Photography
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1104988
J.C. Penney Company Inc.