This job posting is no longer active.
Sr Designer - Sleepwear
The Senior Designer leads in the creation of the original concepts that encompass style, color and fabric for assigned brand(s), or classification by executing the brand profile and the business strategy for the season.
- Leads in the creation of original concepts that encompass style, color, and fabric for assigned lines to ensure customer focused offerings that meet business requirements.
- Research and identify trends and color directions for specific brands; create design concept/mood boards, mock-ups, and inspirational prints for presentations
- Shop stores and appropriate markets; pull and review fabrics, design concepts, color-ups, to conceptualize the product design for the season.
- Identify and design key items with a strong brand identity
- Supervises the initiation of product packages through working with technical designers.
- Work with technical designers to ensure design intent and meet product aesthetics
- Collaborates with raw material team to define newest fabric and print direction for season, selects and approves fabric, yarn qualities, and trims within price points for products.
- Approves strike-offs, handlooms, and knit-downs.
- Leads in the print direction and selection of artwork
- Creates the flat sketch designs for new and enhanced existing products
- Collaborates with the merchandise team to create new product placemats for floor set visuals
- Travels as needed to develop the product.
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- College degree in fine arts or fashion design, or equivalent work experience in a design related field preferred.
- 8 – 10 years’ experience in design product and fabrication knowledge.
- Basic working knowledge of the technical aspects of the assigned category, ability to design around concepts and to design flat sketches, technical and computer skills, design and color sense, presentation, persuasion, organization, time management, written and verbal communication.
- Proficient in Illustrator, Microsoft Office, Power Point, Photo Shop a plus
- Extremely flexible and adaptable
- Experience with Intimates or sleepwear is preferred
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines, detail oriented, team oriented and creative
What you get:
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.
JCPenney proudly serves customers at more than 650 stores across the United States and Puerto Rico, and at the Company’s flagship store, jcp.com. JCPenney is one of the nation’s largest retailers of apparel, home, jewelry, and beauty merchandise with a growing portfolio of private and national brands. Guided by the Golden Rule, JCPenney employs more than 60,000 associates worldwide and has served customers for over 119 years, playing a vital role in the communities it serves. For additional information, please visit jcp.com and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: Sr Designer - Sleepwear
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1104944
J.C. Penney Company Inc.