Reports to: Senior Manager Omni / Final Mile Transportation
Location: Plano, TX
The Sr Specialist Transportation will report to the Sr. Manager Domestic Transportation up to the Sr. Director Global Logistics and Transportation. The position will partner closely with leaders in Supply Chain, Finance, Merchandising, and external transportation providers to meet our cost / service objectives. The primary purpose of this role is to effectively support JCPenney’s end to end domestic small parcel and furniture operations beginning with the shipment of merchandise from the supplier base / Direct Logistics Centers to the final customers. This includes ensuring service levels meet internal targets, the necessary carrier capacity is in place to support the business requirements, and control transportation expenses.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Facilitates and executes proactive resolution of supply chain issues that optimize cost and service.
- Support execution plans for Merchandising and Allocation strategies that influence delivery of product to customers.
- Actively represents transportation in meetings with carriers.
- Play a supporting role in managing the capacity and performance of the domestic carrier base.
- Analyze cost data to determine appropriate actions to meet / exceed financial targets.
- Monitor, report, and improve KPI’s across the domestic transportation network.
- Thinks Critically
- Drive results
- Implements with excellence
BASIC AND PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE)
- 2 - 3 years’ work experience with a preference in Transportation, Supply Chain, or in a related role.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Suite and an ability to learn new systems quickly.
- Transportation management experience or direct exposure / knowledge of JCP network flow.
- Proven capability to manage a diverse carrier base / prior carrier management experience.
- Hold a degree in Business, Economics, Logistics, or in a related field.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, JOB SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Logistics core competencies; sense of urgency, strong critical thinking and analytics skillset.
- Able to act and make independent decisions as well as work effectively in a team environment.
- Proactive in identifying opportunities for improvement and driving process improvements.
- Ability to dissect and determine root causes of problems and implement solutions.
- Collaborative and effective in a cross-functional environment.
- Ability to multitask in fast pace environment while meeting multiple deadlines for leadership.
- Continuous improvement mind set, including the ability to innovate and simplify legacy processes.
Job Title: Domestic Transportation Sr Specialist
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1104936
J.C. Penney Company Inc.