HR Senior Specialist & Recruiting - Supply Chain
The HR Sr. Specialist will partner to support overall organizational effectiveness in the Lenexa facility and report to the HR Manager. The HR Sr. Specialist will support the locations people strategy and ensure effective execution of HR responsibilities while being a trusted advisor for leaders and associates. This role will partner closely with the operations team to support facility hiring needs and recruit the best talent.
- Ensure successful execution of human resources programs to align with HR and business initiatives.
- Support location recruiting, hiring and retention efforts.
- Proactively consult with all levels of management regarding staffing strategy and requirements.
- Manage full cycle recruitment process including strategy, candidate identification/management, sourcing, offers, and background checks.
- Develop and maintain a robust and diverse pipeline of candidates; leverage utilize current and innovative sourcing methods including networking, online job sites, social media and associate referrals.
- Proficient with Applicant Tracking Systems and other recruiting tools and technology.
- Utilize a variety of interviewing techniques and educate hiring leaders; ensure receipt of prompt and comprehensive, fact-based interview feedback.
- Attends job fairs and campus recruiting events, acting as an ambassador for JCPENNEY.
- Participate in associate relations matters including investigations.
- Provide broad HR skills in areas such as Talent Review, Leadership Development & Training, Organizational Development, Change Management, Succession Planning, and Associate Engagement.
- Foster positive associate relations in communication and actions.
- Conduct exit interviews and analysis of feedback from exit interviews to determine trends.
- Create presentations, manages spreadsheets and assists with organizational charts/data.
- Generate and analyze HR reporting data such as turnover, compensation, headcount, etc.
- Develop collaborative relationships across all HR teams and the business area to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
- Demonstrate natural leadership abilities.
- All other duties assigned.
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business or related field preferred.
- 3 years or more experience in Human Resources and recruiting.
- Strong business acumen and communication skills.
- General knowledge of HR best practices, policies, procedures and labor law compliance.
- Problem-identification and problem-solving skills.
- Works effectively on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to respond appropriately and independently to a variety of complex and challenging situations.
- Able to lead through ambiguity in a fast-paced environment.
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail, documentation and accuracy.
- Ability to balance role as a recruiter and partner to the business.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications, Intermediate Excel skills ideal.
What you get:
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.
JCPenney proudly serves customers at more than 650 stores across the United States and Puerto Rico, and at the Company’s flagship store, jcp.com. JCPenney is one of the nation’s largest retailers of apparel, home, jewelry, and beauty merchandise with a growing portfolio of private and national brands. Guided by the Golden Rule, JCPenney employs more than 60,000 associates worldwide and has served customers for over 119 years, playing a vital role in the communities it serves. For additional information, please visit jcp.com and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: HR Senior Specialist & Recruiting - Supply Chain
Location: Lenexa, KS, United States -
Job ID: 1104223
J.C. Penney Company Inc.