Lead Business Analyst - Point of Sale
The Lead Business Analyst will report to the Sr. Manager - Stores POS Delivery and will be part of the team that is responsible for application portfolio management and development that focuses on building and configuring software solutions for Point Of Sale, Mobile Point Of Sale platforms and Other Applications operating within the store environment. This entails: (1) solving complex business problems by strategizing, roadmap planning, selecting, architecting/designing, building and implementing technology. (2) portfolio management for entire business applications suite (3) actively managing the on-going health and supportability of the portfolio in alignment with IT Ops & Support, (4) partnering with other IT and business teams to deliver end to end technology solutions for JCPenney.
- Own multiple project related work efforts (business requirements, functional requirements, best practice, process definition etc.) along with other departmental tasks. Must be able to switch from one project to another seamlessly.
- Facilitate business requirements gathering and definition in various formats including joint collaboration sessions with business and IT, targeted Q&A sessions with multiple Subject Mater Experts, and one-on-one user interviews
- Translate high-level business requirements into functional specifications in addition to managing changes to the specifications.
- Apply a broad knowledge of various business processes/functions, and technical expertise to accurately anticipate potential impacts
- Serve as liaison with Quality Assurance to insure test and integration plans meet requirement objectives.
- Work under direct guidance from Lead Analyst to drive tactical release level functionality.
- Analyze business partner operations to understand strengths / weaknesses and identify opportunities to improve processes and functions.
- Follow rigorous Agile, SDLC and project management life cycle and best practices, comply with internal compliance related processes and adhere to change control and problem management procedures
- Work with geographically dispersed engineering teams ensuring remote teams can understand and follow the requirements
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- At least 6 years of business analysis experience in the IT industry
- At least 2 years of past development experience
- Excellent communication skills (both written and spoken)
- Extensive experience in Visio and Excel
- Demonstrated ability to translate the business needs into technical requirements and vice versa
- Demonstrated experience working with both business and technical resources
- Demonstrated experience in managing changes to scope and/or specifications
- Demonstrated understanding of IT and its alignment with business processes
- Demonstrated ability to create test scenarios based on business requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to work in an Agile/Scrum delivery model working with multiple scrum teams
- Experience with Use Case methodology; must be able to write functional, system and interface use cases.
- Self-motivated, creative and strong sense of accountability
- Minimum of bachelor degree (preferably in MIS, Computer Science, or Business Administration)
- Some Retail experience is preferred
What you get:
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.
JCPenney proudly serves customers at more than 650 stores across the United States and Puerto Rico, and at the Company’s flagship store, jcp.com. JCPenney is one of the nation’s largest retailers of apparel, home, jewelry, and beauty merchandise with a growing portfolio of private and national brands. Guided by the Golden Rule, JCPenney employs more than 60,000 associates worldwide and has served customers for over 119 years, playing a vital role in the communities it serves. For additional information, please visit jcp.com and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: Lead Business Analyst - Point of Sale
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1104872
J.C. Penney Company Inc.