Supply Chain Regional Facility Operations Director
The Supply Chain Regional Facility Operations Director manages and administers all operations across the JCPenney logistics network to ensure the most cost efficient and timely distribution of merchandise consistent with Company standards of service to attain divisional sales and profit objectives.
- Reports to Vice President of Supply Chain, responsible for execution and coordination across all 9 of the company’s distribution Centers supporting both Retail and eComm Fulfillment.
- Manages the administration, operations, service and staffing for the Logistics Centers to ensure efficient, accurate and timely shipments to customers, Stores, and catalog desks.
- Coordinates all activities of the Logistics Centers, through General Managers at each site, effectively communicating the Company’s objectives, and presents operational issues to Supply Chain management.
- Manages and evaluates the quality of service provided by the Centers through review and analysis of data and reports to ensure high service standards and operating efficiencies.
- Directs the Team on activities and processes that enable our strategy of Customer First Service ensuring that merchandise is delivered to customers accurately and on time, the first time.
- Participates as a Company representative at appropriate public, civic, and community affairs as required and appropriate.
- Manages all processes and procedures within the units to ensure high standards and operating procedures. Protects Company assets by supporting and maintaining effective programs for human resources relations, loss prevention, inventory control, safety, facility/equipment and claims processing.
- Manages warehouse space allocation to ensure maximum storage and efficient processing capabilities.
- Leads a Customer First business approach ensuring merchandise is delivered by in-store date or customer promise date in an accurate, damage free manner.
- Provides guidance to region, district, and Store management on all service quality issues. Maintains a positive business relationship with carriers and their agents to ensure established service levels.
- Coordinates the internal communications for support activities such as industrial engineering, data processing, accounting, transportation, human resources, loss prevention and quality control.
- Coordinates Logistic Center activities with appropriate Associates in Supply Chain management and other Home Office departments, such as Industrial Engineering, Systems, Inventory Control, Controller, Human Resources, Advertising, Marketing, Construction Services, and Legal.
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- 12-15 years’ experience in major distribution center activity involving progressive managerial responsibility in center operations, including at least 2 years’ experience as an Operations Manager or Store Support Center Manager.
- Decision making, communications, building talent, leading people, drive for results.
- Requires advanced management skills to direct complex operations in an efficient, effective manner and maintain a high level of associate morale and productivity.
- Includes knowledge of government regulations, ergonomics, and diversity. Strong understanding of financial statement, activity-based costing and productivity drivers; ability to build strong budgets, trend analysis and forecasting
- Solid working knowledge of supply chain industry practices and standards; knowledge of the details of the facility operating environment, including the impact of outside factors on his expense structure.
- Education: College degree or equivalent business experience preferred
What you get:
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.
JCPenney proudly serves customers at more than 650 stores across the United States and Puerto Rico, and at the Company’s flagship store, jcp.com. JCPenney is one of the nation’s largest retailers of apparel, home, jewelry, and beauty merchandise with a growing portfolio of private and national brands. Guided by the Golden Rule, JCPenney employs more than 60,000 associates worldwide and has served customers for over 119 years, playing a vital role in the communities it serves. For additional information, please visit jcp.com and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: Supply Chain Regional Facility Operations Director
Location: Haslet, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1104883
J.C. Penney Company Inc.