Director, Inclusion & Diversity - Human Resources
The Director of Inclusion & Diversity will report to the Sr. Director of Inclusion & Diversity, Talent Acquisition, Communications and Philanthropy. You will be the Company Ambassador and Culture Warrior related to Inclusion & Diversity and Supplier Diversity, providing strategic direction and execution on the organizational plan as it relates to these business disciplines. As the Leader, you will develop, implement, and measure Inclusion & Diversity and Supplier Diversity strategies and programs. Additionally, lead and support our genuine commitment to creating an inclusive culture of belonging for our communities, and business partners through ethical business practices and good corporate governance. You will oversee the Supplier Diversity program to ensure continued flow of diverse suppliers and relationships are maintained to acquire and develop future and current suppliers.
Primary Responsibilities: You will work with cross functional Business Leaders to support them in championing an inclusive and diverse workforce where all employees can achieve and contribute to the company’s success. You will consult stakeholders across the Business to ensure that the employee voice is heard and reflected in the strategies that maximize employee engagement. You will lead the organization beyond compliance by providing guidance on cultural competence and sustainable practices. As a member of the human resources leadership team, you will play an active key-role in discussions of any nature in helping drive the human capital strategy for the Company.
I&D Strategy Execution
- Manages Inclusion and Diversity, and Supplier Diversity strategy, plans and activities
- Collaborate with cross functional business partners to ensure the alignment and the infusion of the culture in all relevant HR products and services
- Design, implement and drive the creation and execution of diversity and inclusion strategies for over 60,000 employees.
- Develop policies, strategies, tools and programs to leverage inclusion and diversity to drive business outcomes
- Communicate company commitment and best practices internally and externally
- Create performance metrics to measure accountability and progress for our I&D efforts
- Develop, in partnership with key internal stakeholders, a plan for blending I&D strategy with our community outreach programs
- Build relationships with key stakeholders to ensure that our Inclusion and Diversity efforts are well-managed and thoroughly embedded in the culture of the organization
- Prepare and present diversity and inclusion initiatives to officers of the Company
- Provide consultation across HR when designing, embedding and implementing Inclusion, Diversity and Culture processes in; reporting and data analytics, talent development initiatives, recruiting programs for all levels, and succession planning.
- Act as a thought leader and advisor to the HR Business Partners, business unit, inclusion and diversity comittees, and leaders; work directly with HRBPs to support strategic planning that will drive an engagement and inclusion strategy that enables diversity.
- Provide innovative ideas and solutions to recruit and retain talent.
- Monitor internal and external diversity trends and legal developments impacting policy, the recruitment and retention of co-workers, and our external stakeholders.
- Subject Matter Expert on Inclusion & Diversity. Understand how to integrate and execute related best practices into the full-scope of HR practices: Workforce Planning and Employment; Talent Management; and Change Management.
- Key Business Partner to senior managers and executives on the business disciplines of Inclusion & Diversity. Uses functional expertise to provide credible internal client support in the areas of people management; associate engagement; negotiation and conflict management. Company Ambassador with the community and other business partners ensuring that JCPenney Brand is respected and viewed as an Employer and Business of Choice.
Associate Education / Engagement / Retention
- Provide leadership, counsel and support to build and expand our Business Resource Teams (BRTs) aligning their activities to the business mission and vision of JCPenney
- Analyze data such as engagement surveys, organizational culture audits, and prepare reports for senior management to inform decision-making.
- Serve as subject matter expert and partner with Talent Acquisition to drive targeted diversity recruiting initiatives; leverage industry and internal best practices as appropriate
- Role Model that leads the integrations of core values; integrity; and accountability throughout the Company’s business and human capital practices. Responsible for ensuring the disciplines under the umbrella of JCPenney CSR, I&D are upheld, executed, and in compliance with Company goals.
- Partner with merchant and marketing team to increase visibility and appeal of JCPenney’s brand across a diverse consumer and trade base.
- Inspires the use of minority-owned, women-owned, veteran-owned, LGBT-owned, service disabled veteran-owned, historically underutilized business, and Small Business Administration (SBA)-defined small business concerns as suppliers.
- Actively participate in trade organizations, advocacy groups, development conferences, or other forums that foster diverse supplier engagement. Seek to build long-lasting, mutually beneficial relationships with suppliers that play an important role in helping us to meet our customers’ evolving needs.
- Work cross functionally to identify corporate Corporate Social Responsibility goals across environmental, sourcing, associate engagement and development and philanthropy. Ensure goals and outcomes are reported out on a bi-annual basis
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Embraces a Growth Mindset: Accelerates personal learning and the development of others and initiates new ideas that improve product, service and talent practices. Sees change as an opportunity to learn and grow
- Thinks Critically: Demonstrates functional expertise and stays within developments in the industry. Gathers and analyzes information to make the best decisions for the business
- Demonstrates Leadership: Creates an environment that fosters teamwork and recognizes other’s accomplishments. Requires high personal and team performance standards, leads by example and motivates others to perform at a higher level
- Takes Accountability: Takes responsibility for excellent customer experiences and reliable delivers solutions that meet customer need. Builds positive and inclusive relationships by showing consideration for the perspectives of others and listens first before drawing conclusions
- Implements with Excellence: Develops and prioritizes short and long-range plans that are realistic and effective in meeting Company goals. Effectively delegates work and communicates plan and expectations to implement projects/plans that are well-organized and efficient, seeks feedback and takes action.
- Drives Results: Demonstrates a sense of urgency and acts devisively and quickly. Establishes aggressive goals and takes appropriate risks to achieve, shows confidence when challenged and strives to achieve excelled results by creating a culture of continuous improvement
- Minimum of 10 years of experience within a complex and high-growth organization
- Two or more years leading the diversity and inclusion efforts at a large, global organization
- Previous experience leading and managing a team
- Track record of progressive responsibility and tangible results leading diversity and inclusion initiatives preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in business, HR or similar field; Master’s preferred with related HR management experience specifically with responsibilities related to Inclusion & Diversity, Supplier Diversity and Talent Management
What you get:
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.
JCPenney proudly serves customers at more than 650 stores across the United States and Puerto Rico, and at the Company’s flagship store, jcp.com. JCPenney is one of the nation’s largest retailers of apparel, home, jewelry, and beauty merchandise with a growing portfolio of private and national brands. Guided by the Golden Rule, JCPenney employs more than 60,000 associates worldwide and has served customers for over 119 years, playing a vital role in the communities it serves. For additional information, please visit jcp.com and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: Director, Inclusion & Diversity - Human Resources
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1104322
J.C. Penney Company Inc.