Senior Director, Brand and Social Strategy - Marketing
The Brand and Social Strategy Sr. Director will be responsible for defining and building the master brand strategy for JCPenney, managing a portfolio of owned and national brands, leading events and partnerships and driving the strategy and execution of brand marketing across all branded social channels. As a leader in the marketing organization this position will play a critical role in defining and leading the brand, including direct interface with the agency of record, executive leaders within the company, cross functionally with the internal creative agency, product marketing and media teams. This position reports directly to the VP, Marketing Strategy.
- Develop and maintain brand strategies both for JCPenney and owned brands within the JCPenney portfolio.
- Lead strategy and execution for brand social channels including identifying new opportunities to increase engagement and strengthen brand affinity.
- Coordinate brand activity across external and internal partners ensuring clear alignment and execution of brand strategies.
- Manage relationship with the agency of record, social agencies and internal creative agencies to deliver on clear expression of brands to the JCPenney customer.
- Analyze customer data to develop clear targeting recommendations.
- Analyze market data for both core competitors and general retail market trends.
- Ability to clearly communicate brand strategy through development of actionable briefs, presentations and communication guides.
- Develop leading strategies for social marketing platforms.
- Manage budgets for influencer marketing, events, production and agencies.
- Develop top talent and build a positive environment with a mindset of progressive problem solving and brand building.
- Drive publicity and earned media efforts to generate buzz and awareness for the brand, including launches and seasonal activations.
- Lead brand narrative, voice and identity to define how JCPenney personifies cultural moments and core company initiatives.
- Be able to connect the dots and develop cross channel strategies for brand messaging and content.
- Concept cause marketing efforts and campaigns that showcase the company’s giving strategy.
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- 10+ years of progressive marketing experience focused on brand and social brand building. Retail experience a strong advantage.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Advertising or related field. Master's degree a plus.
- The ideal candidate has extensive brand experience, agency management experience and strong working knowledge of social platforms.
- Experience managing multi brand projects and agencies.
- This role requires strong leadership skills, team building and an ability to work cross functionally with a solutions oriented mindset.
- Experience managing a team of direct reports; Be a positive change agent with an ability to lead others through change and growth.
- Be a thought lead and cultivate a culture of out of the box thinking and innovation.
What you get:
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.
JCPenney proudly serves customers at more than 650 stores across the United States and Puerto Rico, and at the Company’s flagship store, jcp.com. JCPenney is one of the nation’s largest retailers of apparel, home, jewelry, and beauty merchandise with a growing portfolio of private and national brands. Guided by the Golden Rule, JCPenney employs more than 60,000 associates worldwide and has served customers for over 119 years, playing a vital role in the communities it serves. For additional information, please visit jcp.com and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: Senior Director, Brand and Social Strategy - Marketing
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1104258
J.C. Penney Company Inc.