Manager - IT Support and Operations
We are seeking a highly self-motivated leader with a passion for people and technology. The ideal candidate has experience as an IT Service Management leader who will be a member of the JCP Support and Operations leadership team. In this role, you will oversee the design, implementation, and continuous improvement of the Service Management processes for the organization. This includes hands on day to day influence and leadership of associates responsible for all aspects of the ITSM practice including Major Incident, Incident, Problem, Change management, and ITSM Analytics. In addition, this leader will influence other ITSM processes like Asset/Configuration Management, Knowledge Management, and Service Request/Catalog, and Release Management.
To be successful in this position, candidates must have experience in driving adoption of ITSM strategies and processes, managing personnel matters, managing capital and expense budgets, and conducting general managerial duties.
- Directly manage the day to day activities of JCPenney IT Service Management teams (Major Incident, Incident, Problem, Change Management, Service Request and Knowledge Management).
- Demonstrate leadership with a strong sense of ownership as a leader in the Operations and Support organization.
- Defines, designs, and implements processes and procedures based on industry best practices related to Major (Crisis), Incident, Problem, Service Request, Knowledge and Change Management
- Develops future service management strategies and needs, identifying staff, tools and support requirements as necessary to ensure that operational and support processes are working as expected.
- Serve as point of escalation for major service disruptions to the stores, online, and distribution centers and ensures appropriate communication channels are used effectively to notify end users and stakeholders. This role required active involvement during Major Incidents.
- Collaborates with peer managers (onsite and offshore) to ensure execution is effective and efficient.
- Partner with IT Architects, Application Development teams, and ITSM Tool development team acting as a key stakeholder/customer
- Build and continually develop relationships with the JCPenney IT Service Desk, Application Management teams, and broader IT organization
- Manages to resolution all major incidents as well as all problem, service request and change management functions; reviews resolution outcomes for continuous improvement and process adherence.
- Evaluates key metrics, KPI's and SLA's, performs analysis and provides reporting to leadership to drive consistency and repeatability of best practices; provides reporting and data concerning key performance indicators (KPIs) and trends to leadership.
- Manages staff including all levels of associates. Provides coaching and other performance feedback. Assigns tasks to staff to allow them to reach their development potential.
- Design and deliver effective key management reports and project updates and progress reports for JCP management. Understand the drivers of key metrics and proactively manage performance.
- Results driven leader able to effectively drive organizational change
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related field of study
- 5+ years of demonstrable experience managing ITIL processes including, but not limited to Incident Management, Problem Management, Change Management, preferably within retail industry
- Ability to lead process design discussions and organizational change across the IT organization.
- Working knowledge of the Remedy ITSM Platform or other similar ITSM tool
- Demonstrated track record of effectively balancing day to day operational needs with continual improvement needs of the department
- Strong collaboration skills as a member of a global leadership team (onsite/offshore model)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to transfer information easily to team members, stakeholders and senior leadership
- Excellent executive presence and ability to engage and properly interact with senior leadership
- Broad understanding of IT concepts, development practices, and architectures
- Retail/business experience preferred
What you get:
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.
JCPenney proudly serves customers at more than 650 stores across the United States and Puerto Rico, and at the Company’s flagship store, jcp.com. JCPenney is one of the nation’s largest retailers of apparel, home, jewelry, and beauty merchandise with a growing portfolio of private and national brands. Guided by the Golden Rule, JCPenney employs more than 60,000 associates worldwide and has served customers for over 119 years, playing a vital role in the communities it serves. For additional information, please visit jcp.com and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: Manager - IT Support and Operations
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1104309
J.C. Penney Company Inc.