This job posting is no longer active.
General Ledger Subject Matter Expert
- Provides back-up support for all key functions within the department.
- Communicates with management when a problem exists and recommends alternatives for problem resolution.
- Works with manager in planning, organizing, implementing and carrying out specific projects, new processes and procedures, including department, center or corporate level strategies.
- Initiates, implements and measures ongoing process improvements for the department.
- Proactively identifies and investigates variances and resolves most complex questions over multiple areas.
- Provides cross-functional coordination and subject matter expertise for Shared Services departments and IT in the development, testing and implementation of projects to ensure effectiveness and proper adherence to accounting policies and procedures.
- Develops and enhances metrics and other reporting and monitoring tools as needed.
- Provides associates with guidance in handling difficult or complex problems and works with other functional areas in resolving escalated complaints or disputes.
- Finds and analyzes general ledger data to find and correct any financial discrepancies.
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance is preferred.
- 4-5 years’ experience in roles with increasing responsibility AND analytical decision making.
- Strong verbal and written communication.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong understanding of Accounting procedures and systems (Oracle, AssureNET, ReconNET, etc.) pertaining to area of responsibility.
- Experienced end user of SQL query tools
- Cross-functional enterprise understanding and the ability to lead cross-functional projects.
- Analytical and decision making skills.
- Experienced with Account Reconciliations
- Advanced user of Microsoft Office Tools.
At JCPenney, we share a passion for serving customers, supporting our communities and being the best retailer for all families. As a company founded on the Golden Rule, our success is rooted in the belief that we treat everyone the way we would want to be treated. At every touchpoint, customers discover stylish merchandise at incredible value from an extensive portfolio of private, exclusive and national brands. Reinforcing this shopping experience is the customer service and warrior spirit of approximately 90,000 associates across the globe, all driving toward the Company's mission to help customers find what they love for less time, money and effort.
Working at JCPenney means joining a dedicated team of associates who are encouraged to be uniquely themselves in a safe, caring and welcoming environment. It is a place where careers prosper, accomplishments are celebrated and diversity flourishes. It’s a place that’s meant for you.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Follow us and see what’s new: Instagram Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Media Room jcp.com
Job Title: General Ledger Subject Matter Expert
Location: Salt Lake City, UT, United States -
Job ID: 1092618
J.C. Penney Company Inc.