- Customer Service & Sales – Greets and always assists customers in finding products and services to deliver outstanding customer service. Demonstrates company service expectations consistently and partners with leadership and other team members when additional support is needed. Actively listens to customer issues in a calm and agreeable manner to resolve problems.
- General Operations - Executes setup and tear down plan for demos/classes provided by Event Lead. Keeps all event areas clean, organized, and maintains standards to host an inviting experience while conducting classes. Facilitates events when directed by Event Lead in a timely and professional manner. Partners with other team members when additional support is needed.
- Performance Standards – Meets established performance standards for the role on a consistent basis, including (but not limiting to) the company’s product and service sales, customer service, profit and productivity. Consistently meets established performance standards; including but not limited to: shrink and safety initiatives.
To achieve success at JCPenney, an Events Coordinator will possess the following:
- Service Oriented - Empathically serves the needs of customers and associates; listens well; seeks to understand diverse points of view to help find the best solution or outcome: provides helpful assistance to others; pursues a high standard of performance.
- Builds Relationships - Able to communicate clearly, organizes ideas clearly in oral or written communications. Friendly, outgoing, approachable and can effectively handle problem solving.
- Drives Performance - Holds self and others accountable to a higher standard to achieve results. Provides feedback, visibility and recognition to the team.
- Drives Change - Adapts quickly to changing situations with energy and a positive attitude. Coaches others through change.
At JCPenney, we share a passion for serving customers, supporting our communities and being the best retailer for all families. As a company founded on the Golden Rule, our success is rooted in the belief that we treat everyone the way we would want to be treated. At every touchpoint, customers discover stylish merchandise at incredible value from an extensive portfolio of private, exclusive and national brands. Reinforcing this shopping experience is the customer service and warrior spirit of associates across the globe, all driving toward the Company's mission to help customers find what they love for less time, money and effort.
Working at JCPenney means joining a dedicated team of associates who are encouraged to be uniquely themselves in a safe, caring and welcoming environment. It is a place where careers prosper, accomplishments are celebrated and diversity flourishes. It’s a place that’s meant for you.
If eligible, we offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, and 401(k) with company match. All associates are eligible for an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.
Job Title: Events Coordinator - North East Mall
Location: Hurst, TX, United States - North East Mall 1101 Melbourne Dr Ste 5000
Job ID: 1104297
J.C. Penney Company Inc.