This job posting is no longer active.
Operations Support Staff
The Operations Support Staff performs back office case work research and provides subject matter expertise for processes related to Benefits Support.
- Handles store requests from the Benefits Sharepoint, Alight TBA cases, supports common mailbox and Remedy solutions.
- Interacts with internal and external customers to provide information in response to procedural inquiries.
- Maintains a record of problems, resolutions and inquiries handled.
- Achieves high level of customer service and all quality goals by providing timely, accurate, and engaging service while focusing on the customer.
- Delivers service in an efficient and effective manner in accordance with established procedures and goals.
- Researches and analyzes customer issues and escalates to next level when appropriate.
- Recognizes and alerts supervisors of trends.
- Interfaces with Home Office partners to resolve escalated issues.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing correctly and concisely.
- Experience using a PC.
- Demonstrated high level of professionalism when dealing with customers, managers and Home Office partners.
- Organization and multi-tasking ability.
- Good verbal communication skills.
- Understanding of basic math skills. Depth of specific subject matter expertise is required.
- Successful track record of team-specific performance required.
- Possesses a broad knowledge and proven track record of successfully resolved AR’s.
- Experience with specific team escalations preferred.
- Familiarity with MS Office applications and Windows.
- Ability to troubleshoot and effectively solve problems.
- Customer service skills, including active listening, empathy, conflict resolution, organization and problem-solving skills.
- HS Diploma, GED required and 1-2 years Customer Service experience with e-mail and oral communication. Preference will be given to candidates with previous call center and/or process improvement experience.
What you get:
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.
JCPenney proudly serves customers at more than 650 stores across the United States and Puerto Rico, and at the Company’s flagship store, jcp.com. JCPenney is one of the nation’s largest retailers of apparel, home, jewelry, and beauty merchandise with a growing portfolio of private and national brands. Guided by the Golden Rule, JCPenney employs more than 60,000 associates worldwide and has served customers for over 119 years, playing a vital role in the communities it serves. For additional information, please visit jcp.com and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: Operations Support Staff
Location: Salt Lake City, UT, United States -
Job ID: 1104240
J.C. Penney Company Inc.