Social Media Manager
The Social Media Manager will support the Sr. Manager Social/Content in leading the efforts around promoting JCPenney’s brands, products and services via organic social media & community management. The Manager of Social Media will be an expert in leading social strategy, driving purposeful planning, using real-time data to inform decisions, owning a customer-first social advocacy program, managing the social voice of consumer and engagement, and identifying new and trending opportunities within the everchanging digital space.
- Develop and implement JCPenney’s social media strategy with clear objective, goals and KPI’s which may vary by channel/platform.
- Act as social media SME and manage social channels for the brand.
- Define strategic deployment of social customer care monitoring, tools and personnel. Manage timely brand messaging to eduate and inform care agents on relevant topics.
- Identify and execute new community activation opportunities to build engagement and grow user generated content and followers.
- Work closely with Content Team to influence the creation of content, push innovative boundaries and test new and emerging opportunities (ie Live streams, TikTok, Preimeres)
- Establish and maintain voice, tone, personality and curation of content to drive growth and engagement across all social media platforms.
- Create and manage social media content calendar (paid and organic), creative briefs, and posting schedule across all platforms in alignment with brand priorities and business goals.
- Collaborate with other teams to develop approval/feedback processes and maintain voice (ie Salon, Sephora, LinkedIn/HR, Portrait) in alignment with priorities and goals.
- Review and approve all social media posts, ensuring alignment with voice, brand, and content best practices.
- Work with Content team on ongoing franchises like JCP Live to develop and execute owned content on our channels.
- Leverage trending topics and culturally relevant conversations regularly to drive audience engagement, build brand perception and keep JCPenney top of mind.
- Work with Performance Media Team to ensure organic and paid social are coordinated for maximum impact of customer funnel. Note: this role will not own paid media budgets
- Partner with influencer team to align on campaign programs and leverage relevant influencer and creator content for JCPenney owned social channels.
- Craft weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual digital marketing reports for internal stakeholders.
- Establish relevant KPIs for the various channels, campaigns and tests.
- Advise and manage test and learn opportunities with an eye on constant innovation for relevance in the space.
- Provide audience and performance insights through owned channels to impact future content-planning.
- Manage specialist(s) and direct them on content creation, planning, publishing, and community engagement.
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field
- 5-8 years of experience in paid social or digital marketing.
- Agency background/or client media experience preferred
- Excellent understanding of social platforms, content performance, audiences, paid tactics and digital trends.
- Comfortable navigating strategic, creative and analytical responsibilities.
- Comprehends both direct and brand marketing principles and strategies.
- Entrepreneurial, innovative, self-starter, energetic and agile
- Forward-thinker with the ability to work independently, thrive in a fast-paced environment and navigate ambiguity or uncertainty
- Ability to balance day-to-day execution and big-picture, strategic thinking
- Direct report management experience with demonstrated ability to lead, coach and mentor. Strong sense of partnership, collaborative and a team player.
- Strong multi-task capabilities with ability to juggle multiple projects and requests. High attention to detail.
- Familiarity with the following applications is a plus: Opal, Curalate, Sprinklr, Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, Smartsheet.
What you get:
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.
JCPenney proudly serves customers at more than 650 stores across the United States and Puerto Rico, and at the Company’s flagship store, jcp.com. JCPenney is one of the nation’s largest retailers of apparel, home, jewelry, and beauty merchandise with a growing portfolio of private and national brands. Guided by the Golden Rule, JCPenney employs more than 60,000 associates worldwide and has served customers for over 119 years, playing a vital role in the communities it serves. For additional information, please visit jcp.com and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: Social Media Manager
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1104229
J.C. Penney Company Inc.