This job posting is no longer active.
Accounting Analyst - Inventory
JCPenney is one of the nation’s largest apparel and home furnishing retailers. Working at JCPenney gives you the opportunity to help create meaningful experiences for the millions who shop at our more than 600 stores and jcpenney.com.
- Develops, implements, and conducts projects and analysis to improve accuracy and reporting related to inventory accounting.
- Develops and maintains relationships with key partners throughout the JCPenney enterprise including:
- Finance, Financial Planning, Merchants, Planning & Allocation, Supply Chain
- Supports existing fiscal month end operations and responsibilities
- Assures that month end tasks are processed in a timely and compliant manner and management is provided with appropriate information to support operating decisions
- Assists in review of account reconciliations including research and analysis on reconciling items.
- Assists other team members in data investigation, reporting, and analysis as needed including recommendations for process improvement
- Assists in training of new associates
- Works with manager to evaluate operational performance of department to ensure accuracy and compliance, updating control points and reporting as necessary
- Provides guidance and process assistance in development of new tasks or resolution of unanticipated problems
- Supports departmental and center-wide initiatives and goals, including:
- Talent development through mentoring and career pathing
- Accurate and timely accomplishment of deliverables
- Business impacts to cost savings, process transformation, and partner connections
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Advanced Excel and Microsoft office skills
- Analytical and conceptual skills
- Familiarity with Data Mining tools and Process Improvement Tools preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated focus on process improvement
- Strong understanding of accounting practices
- Experience in analytical thinking, problem solving, leadership and process improvements
- Proactive mentality while analyzing data/transactions, recommending, and implementing actions
- Ability to work independently without supervision and shifting and dynamic responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting related field preferred or equivalent business experience AND two to three (2-3) years of progressively responsible general accounting, and analytical experience with exposure to multiple aspects of these functions.
What you get:
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.
JCPenney proudly serves customers at more than 650 stores across the United States and Puerto Rico, and at the Company’s flagship store, jcp.com. JCPenney is one of the nation’s largest retailers of apparel, home, jewelry, and beauty merchandise with a growing portfolio of private and national brands. Guided by the Golden Rule, JCPenney employs more than 60,000 associates worldwide and has served customers for over 119 years, playing a vital role in the communities it serves. For additional information, please visit jcp.com and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: Accounting Analyst - Inventory
Location: Salt Lake City, UT, United States -
Job ID: 1104219
J.C. Penney Company Inc.