As the Sales Floor Assistant, you are accountable for driving customer service to achieve profitable sales growth by leading and engaging associates, managing company merchandise standards and execution, training and developing associates and executing sales building programs.
- Customer Service & Sales – Models and holds team accountable for delivering outstanding customer service. Actively listens to customer issues to resolve problems. Demonstrates WORTH behaviors consistently. Partners with other team members when additional support is needed.
- Door to Floor / Restock / RFID & Inventory – Works with Merchandise Supervisor to plan upcoming merchandise placement plans. Contributes to merchandise receipt and reverse logistics processes. Assists with the execution of inventory processes (cycle counts, system uploads, stock ledger, Radio Frequency Identification Scans, etc.). Contributes to the Shoe on Display restocking process, including mismates and stockroom organization. Contributes to the restock program to identify replenishment opportunities.
- SET / Visual / Environment – Assists with the SET processes by planning floor moves, placing graphics, and executing visual detailing based on company guidance. Identifies sell-through opportunities and remerchandise the selling floor to increase rate of sale. Helps oversee and maintain all fitting room and sales floor recovery processes to ensure a clean and organized store environment. Contributes to the execution of visual elements to support merchandising statements. Responsible for stockroom maintenance.
- Omnichannel (SVG 2-3 only) – Assists with the jcp.com process including jcp.com orders and aged and undelivered orders/returns as needed. Contributes to Buy Online Pick Up In Store and Ship from Store processes as needed.
- General Operations – Contributes to Merchandise Transfer Out (MTO), Return to Vendor and Return to Warehouse activities. Assists with the Defective MTO (DMTO) process ensuring proper and timely execution of all DMTO’s to ensure integrity of inventory and prevent shrink. Participates in annual inventory processes.
- Performance Standards – Supports company shrink and safety initiatives. Consistently meets established performance standards for the role, including (but not limited to) product and service sales, customer service, profit, productivity, and attendance.
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
To achieve success at JCPenney, a Merchandise Assistant will possess the following:
Results – Solve problems and make smart decisions that drive sales, profit or customer service; execute your work efficiently and effectively; inspire strong performance in yourself and others.
Ownership – Provide great customer service; cooperate and build positive, inclusive and respectful relationships; take accountability for your actions and outcomes.
Intensity – Proactively find ways to improve the customer experience; show the confidence and courage to do what’s right; take action with energy and urgency.
At JCPenney, we share a passion for serving customers, supporting our communities and being the best retailer for all families. As a company founded on the Golden Rule, our success is rooted in the belief that we treat everyone the way we would want to be treated. At every touchpoint, customers discover stylish merchandise at incredible value from an extensive portfolio of private, exclusive and national brands. Reinforcing this shopping experience is the customer service and warrior spirit of associates across the globe, all driving toward the Company's mission to help customers find what they love for less time, money and effort.
Working at JCPenney means joining a dedicated team of associates who are encouraged to be uniquely themselves in a safe, caring and welcoming environment. It is a place where careers prosper, accomplishments are celebrated and diversity flourishes. It’s a place that’s meant for you.
If eligible, we offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, and 401(k) with company match. All associates are eligible for an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.
Job Title: Sales Floor Assistant - Shops @ Lake Havasu
Location: Lake Havasu City, AZ, United States - Shops @ Lake Havasu 5651 Hwy 95 N
Job ID: 1103620
J.C. Penney Company Inc.