Customer Care Center Director - Columbus, OH
Provide leadership the Customer Care Center (CCC) team and create an environment where our associates are enabled and motivated to provide customers with outstanding service and add on sales opportunities.
- Provide strategic direction and operational leadership for the call center to drive sales and service. Sets expectations to ensure supervisors and managers are providing coaching and create an engaging environment to drive outstanding customer service.
- Directs the development and execution of policies, procedures and operating structure.
- Ensures that the center premises and equipment are well maintained and secure.
- Establishes atmosphere fostering open communication across all levels in the organization-building open door culture for entire team.
- Helps implement product/service standards, analyzes operations, and takes corrective action to achieve optimum levels of customer service and sales consistent with business objectives.
- Drive a culture of continual service improvement, process simplification and accountability across all parts of the organization.
- Actively develop and mentor managers to improve leadership, coaching and delivering results skillsets and best practices
- Maintains working relationship with internal JCP leaders to accomplish CCC goals and ensure HR policies, security standards, technology requirements and maintenance needs are handled for the facility.
- Coordinates with Home Office Customer Care, Network Operations and/or other JCP internal organizations to ensure CCC operational needs are met.
- Communicates with Network Operations on staffing and call volume matters to ensure customer service objectives are met.
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Strong background in running operational teams with at least 8-10 years of hands on leadership experience required. Call center experience strongly preferred.
- Experience with driving accountability through solid process definition and metrics that provide transparency to the organization on performance
- Ability to provide sound leadership and strategy/direction to supervisors and managers in the use of the various skills, techniques, and equipment utilized in the assigned functional area(s) to drive sales and service.
- Thorough knowledge of all systems, procedures, techniques, equipment, operations, standards, and reports that apply to the assigned functional area(s).
- 13-15 years of related business experience in implementing processes and programs that create a high performing business. Call center experience strongly preferred.
- College degree or experience managing a business function with equivalent scope of operations.
Strong leadership skills which include but are not limited to the below Core Competencies:
- Embraces a Growth Mindset: Proposes and initiates actions on new ideas that improve our product, stores or practices. Will listen to ideas and suggestions and applies ideas when appropriate, champions new initiatives. Encourages others and their self to stretch beyond current capabilities. Willing to be a catalyst for change by challenging the status quo and motivates others to make improvements. Uses the growth mindset by seeing change as an opportunity to learn and grow.
- Thinks Critically: Demonstrates business and functional expertise and stays current with developments in the retail industry; applies learning to drive company goals. Will gather the necessary information to fully understand the scope of the problem; applies critical thinking to develop options, identify assumptions and consider impacts. Uses fact-based analysis to guide decision-making; summarizes analysis clearly and succinctly and recommends a course of action.
- Demonstrates Leadership: Creates an environment that fosters teamwork, recognizes others’ accomplishments and respects and values differences in the workplace. Requires high personal and team performance standards, leads by example and motivates others to perform at a higher level. Able to give and is open to constructive performance feedback; holds self and others accountable for performance and actions. Creates a culture of development by coaching and teaching others. Aligns goals, processes, and culture to create momentum and champion a One Team approach.
- Takes Accountability: Takes responsibility for excellent customer experiences and reliably delivers solutions that meet customer needs. Is able to build relationships by showing consideration for the perspectives of others, listening first before drawing conclusions. Develops positive and inclusive relationships across the organization
- Implements with Excellence: Develops and prioritizes short and long-range plans that are comprehensive, realistic, and effective in meeting company goals. Implements project/plans that are well-organized and efficient, seeks feedback and takes needed action. Demonstrates the ability to effectively delegate work and communicates plans and expectations to others.
- Drives Results: Demonstrates a sense of urgency to act decisively and quickly. Establishes aggressive goals and takes appropriate risks to achieve results. Shows confidence when challenged and will do the right thing even when it’s hard. Strives to achieve excellent results by creating a culture of continuous improvement.
What you get:
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.
JCPenney proudly serves customers at more than 650 stores across the United States and Puerto Rico, and at the Company’s flagship store, jcp.com. JCPenney is one of the nation’s largest retailers of apparel, home, jewelry, and beauty merchandise with a growing portfolio of private and national brands. Guided by the Golden Rule, JCPenney employs more than 60,000 associates worldwide and has served customers for over 119 years, playing a vital role in the communities it serves. For additional information, please visit jcp.com and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: Customer Care Center Director - Columbus, OH
Location: Columbus, OH, United States -
Job ID: 1103419
J.C. Penney Company Inc.