Legal Property Manager (Paralegal)
The Legal Property Manager- Paralegal works under the supervision of multiple attorneys, performs all legal assistance and/or paralegal functions related to the Company’s real estate portfolio and handles certain responsibilities in which the paralegal exercises discretion and independent non-legal judgment with respect to matters of significance.
- Gathers factual information relative to real estate issues, providing general assistance to attorneys, and prepares summaries of factual findings, legal research, and/or sequential and chronological events for attorneys.
- Drafts, reviews and redlines contracts, leases, lease amendments, title reports, surveys and other legal documents.
- Evaluates incoming documentation and data relating to real estate issues, determines appropriate course of action to be taken and implements strategy after consultation with responsible attorney.
- Handles general inquiries relating to real estate matter status and/or acts in a liaison relationship within the organization to facilitate efficient workflow in legal matters or projects, and may undertake basic legal work and prepare reports or draft correspondence.
- Maintains a thorough understanding of all aspects of the department’s work and its context in the organization as a whole, and maintains an awareness of, and stays up to date with changes in laws and procedures, specifically relating to the real estate practice area.
- Works with Property Development department regarding procedures, processes and/or projects related to legal matters, as required and appropriate to obtain information and data, and to ensure adherence to legal requirements.
- May provide back-up support to other paralegals.
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- College degree or comparable paralegal experience is required; paralegal certificate from ABA accredited paralegal program is preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in commercial real estate transactions.
- Knowledge of commercial real estate closing documents and procedures.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, multi-tasking, attention to detail, resourcefulness, and use of collaborative solutions in handling issues or tasks.
- Versatility in dealing with legal staff, clients, title companies and assignments.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook required; experience with iManage preferred.
What you get:
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.
JCPenney proudly serves customers at more than 650 stores across the United States and Puerto Rico, and at the Company’s flagship store, jcp.com. JCPenney is one of the nation’s largest retailers of apparel, home, jewelry, and beauty merchandise with a growing portfolio of private and national brands. Guided by the Golden Rule, JCPenney employs more than 60,000 associates worldwide and has served customers for over 119 years, playing a vital role in the communities it serves. For additional information, please visit jcp.com and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: Legal Property Manager- Paralegal
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1103393
J.C. Penney Company Inc.