Creative Project Manager
The Project Manager in Creative Project Management leads and stewards’ creative projects from inception to delivery in support of JCPenney’s advertising efforts. An expert on the status of creative projects with deep curiosity, including extraordinary communication and negotiation skills. The Project Manager is an inventive and enthusiastic problem solver, at ease in working in an ever-changing environment. The Project Manager establishes workflows that best suit project needs and ensures jobs are resourced properly. Projects can vary from display ads, landing pages, website updates, e-mail, social media campaigns, direct mail, weekly ads, magazine ads, TV, radio to multi-channel marketing campaigns. Function as liaison between internal partners from Planning/Promotions, Product Marketing, Digital, Media, PR, Social Media, Production, Styling, Casting, external partners and the internal creative team. Reports to Senior Manager, Creative Project Management.
- Project Management: manage and track multiple creative jobs with minimal supervision, monitoring day-to-day project activities, tracking changes and scheduling creative reviews. Oversee projects through the creative development process, from kick-off through concept inception to production to final asset delivery. Determine proper documentation, resources, scheduling, and project objectives are in place. Ensure projects are delivered on time and meet marketing objectives.
- Client Management: builds rapport and credibility with partners from other departments to comfortably engage in frequent contact and build strong relationships. Ability to translate requests into actionable project plans. Proactively organize information quickly and at a high level to address bottlenecks and define the best way forward. Frequently communicate progress of jobs and lead meetings with partners as needed.
- Risk Analysis: identify potential roadblocks related to resources and timelines and escalate potential issues when necessary. Mitigate risks on projects. Manage resources and logistics plus partner with various internal teams. Engage in contingency planning and proactively engage in problem-solving.
- Creative Acumen and Excellence: passionate about the creative process. Leverage critical thinking to connect across creative projects. Work with Creative Directors, Creative Managers, Art Directors and Copywriters to define workflow that best elevates creative thinking.
- Collaboration: communicate directly and consistently with other Creative Project Managers to ensure synergy between all advertising efforts. Provide personal leadership and a collaborative atmosphere conducive to the motivation, development, and administrative management of the creative team.
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Bachelor’s degree in advertising, marketing or related discipline
- 5+ years project management experience from an in-house creative services role or agency project/account management role with a strong understanding of creative development and production process (digital, print, and broadcast)
- Must be an effective relationship builder to establish credibility and form business partnerships with internal partners
- Logically plan and sort out information coupled with being nimble and flexible with quick reaction and performance under deadline pressures
- Experience managing processes, resources and schedules with a strong sense of urgency and ability to problem-solve and be resourceful
- MAC proficient and skilled using MS Office applications. Must have experience managing projects in a project management software tool such as Workfront, Basecamp, Wrike, Asana, etc.
What you get:
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.
JCPenney proudly serves customers at more than 650 stores across the United States and Puerto Rico, and at the Company’s flagship store, jcp.com. JCPenney is one of the nation’s largest retailers of apparel, home, jewelry, and beauty merchandise with a growing portfolio of private and national brands. Guided by the Golden Rule, JCPenney employs more than 60,000 associates worldwide and has served customers for over 119 years, playing a vital role in the communities it serves. For additional information, please visit jcp.com and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: Creative Project Manager
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1103346
J.C. Penney Company Inc.