Merchandise Assistant (Hybrid)
We are actively looking for a Merchandise Assistant to provide the Business Unit with diversified analytical, project and efficient administrative assistance support. The successful candidate must be a self-starter who is able to organize work priorities with minimal or no supervision. This role requires strong organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to meet tight deadlines, and creative problem-solving skills.
- Tracks samples using the on-line sample log and tracks expenses.
- Works directly with team to organize, purge, and display all samples, including sample counter.
- Maintains sample rooms, including movement of samples and shipping packages, processes all received packages and ensures delivery to appropriate manager
- Initiates and responds to telephone inquiries to resolve matters not requiring specific action of the Buyer, Assistant Buyer, other Business Unit members, or manager as assigned
- Assists buying/work unit associates with the preparation and proofing of necessary plans, materials, data and reports for assigned tasks.
- Prepares, maintains, and updates data, reports and records required by management utilizing appropriate computer software
- Handles routine inquiries and correspondence from a number of sources (internal and external) by obtaining the necessary information and preparing appropriate responses
- Performs related clerical and administrative activities such as responding to email, data entry, processing mail, fax, and setting up and maintaining files. Schedules and sets appointments, arranges team meetings and maintains manager's calendar (as requested)
- Tabulates and verifies data on a wide variety of subjects by:
- Calculating and compiling data
- Tracing and editing data
- Arranging data in appropriate formats
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Bachelor's degree in Fashion Merchandising, Marketing, or Apparels and Textiles preferred.
What you get:
- Previous retail experience, preferable in a leadership or visual aspect preferred.
- Minimum two years supporting a department or team
- Ability to juggle competing priorities with ease
- Excellent written and oral skills
- Proficiency in MS software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) and other standard office equipment for recording, storing, analyzing and presenting information
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.About JCPenney:
JCPenney is the shopping destination for diverse, working American families. With inclusivity at its core, the Company's product assortment meets customers' everyday needs and helps them commemorate every special occasion with style, quality and value. JCPenney offers a broad portfolio of fashion, apparel, home, beauty and jewelry from national and private brands and provides personal services including salon, portrait and optical. The Company and its 50,000 associates worldwide serve customers where, when and how they want to shop - from jcp.com to more than 650 stores in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. In 2022, JCPenney celebrates 120 years as an iconic American brand by continuing its legacy of connecting with customers through shopping and community engagement.
Please visit JCPenney's Newsroom to learn more and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: Merchandise Assistant - Hybrid
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1100072
J.C. Penney Company Inc.