J.C.Penney Company, Inc.
We are actively looking for a Merchandise Assistant to provide the Business Unit with diversified analytical, project and efficient administrative assistance support. The successful candidate must be a self-starter who is able to organize work priorities with minimal or no supervision. This role requires strong organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to meet tight deadlines, and creative problem-solving skills.
- Tracks samples using the on-line sample log and tracks expenses.
- Works directly with team to organize, purge, and display all samples, including sample counter.
- Maintains sample rooms, including movement of samples and shipping packages, processes all received packages and ensures delivery to appropriate manager
- Initiates and responds to telephone inquiries to resolve matters not requiring specific action of the Buyer, Assistant Buyer, other Business Unit members, or manager as assigned
- Assists buying/work unit associates with the preparation and proofing of necessary plans, materials, data and reports for assigned tasks.
- Prepares, maintains, and updates data, reports and records required by management utilizing appropriate computer software
- Handles routine inquiries and correspondence from a number of sources (internal and external) by obtaining the necessary information and preparing appropriate responses
- Performs related clerical and administrative activities such as responding to email, data entry, processing mail, fax, and setting up and maintaining files. Schedules and sets appointments, arranges team meetings and maintains manager's calendar (as requested)
- Tabulates and verifies data on a wide variety of subjects by:
- Calculating and compiling data
- Tracing and editing data
- Arranging data in appropriate formats
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Bachelor's degree in Fashion Merchandising, Marketing, or Apparels and Textiles preferred.
- Previous retail experience, preferable in a leadership or visual aspect preferred.
- Minimum two years supporting a department or team
- Ability to juggle competing priorities with ease
- Excellent written and oral skills
- Proficiency in MS software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) and other standard office equipment for recording, storing, analyzing and presenting information
What you get:
Our corporate office, located within the exciting new development of Legacy West in Plano, Texas, supports JCPenney stores and supply chain facilities nationwide. We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise. On-site campus amenities include health clinic, pharmacy, daycare and preschool, full cafeteria service, a 24-hour fitness center and free garage parking.
At JCPenney, we share a passion for serving customers, supporting our communities and being the best retailer for all families. As a company founded on the Golden Rule, our success is rooted in the belief that we treat everyone the way we would want to be treated. At every touchpoint, customers discover stylish merchandise at incredible value from an extensive portfolio of private, exclusive and national brands. Reinforcing this shopping experience is the customer service and warrior spirit of approximately 98,000 associates across the globe, all driving toward the Company's mission to help customers find what they love for less time, money and effort.
Working at JCPenney means joining a dedicated team of associates who are encouraged to be uniquely themselves in a safe, caring and welcoming environment. It is a place where careers prosper, accomplishments are celebrated and diversity flourishes. It's a place that's meant for you.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Follow us and see what's new: Instagram Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Media Room jcp.com
Job Title: Merchandise Assistant
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1100072
J.C. Penney Company Inc.