Your role as the Fine Jewelry Commission Sales Associate is to be the resident guru around all things Fine Jewelry in the entire store. You know these products inside and out and love educating the customer on how your merchandise can enrich their lives.
- Customer Service & Sales -Approaches customers in a friendly manner to engage, determine needs, and help customers make decisions about desired product or service. Informs customers of key product attributes to generate interest and to build clientele. Meets or exceeds sales goals by contributing in-depth knowledge and customer service to Fine Jewelry business. Actively and enthusiastically engages customers to support the company’s Instant Credit Application Process (iCAP).
- General Operations- Participates in inventory processes (annual inventory, cycle counts, system uploads, stock ledger, Radio Frequency Identification scans, etc.) Participates in all Merchandise Transfer Out (MTO), Return to Vendor, Return to Warehouse and Defective Merchandise Transfer Out activities. Maintains sales floor recovery processes to ensure a clean and organized store environment
- Performance Standards-Supports company shrink and safety initiatives and Consistently meets established performance standards for the role, including (but not limited to) the company’s iCAP program, product and service sales, customer service, profit, productivity and attendance
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
To achieve success at JCPenney, a manager will possess the following:
- Work experience- Minimum of 2 years retail experience
- Drives Performance - Holds self accountable to a higher standard to achieve results. Provides feedback, visibility and recognition to the team.
- Builds Relationships – Develops positive relationships: establishes strong networks, shows respect for different styles, and communicates effectively to a wide audience.
- Drives Change - Adapts quickly to changing situations with energy and a positive attitude. Coaches others through change.
- Shows Courage – A confident leader; willing to take on challenging assignments. Acts in accordance with beliefs and deals with conflict quickly and in a positive manner.
At JCPenney, we share a passion for serving customers, supporting our communities and being the best retailer for all families. As a company founded on the Golden Rule, our success is rooted in the belief that we treat everyone the way we would want to be treated. At every touchpoint, customers discover stylish merchandise at incredible value from an extensive portfolio of private, exclusive and national brands. Reinforcing this shopping experience is the customer service and warrior spirit of associates across the globe, all driving toward the Company's mission to help customers find what they love for less time, money and effort.
Working at JCPenney means joining a dedicated team of associates who are encouraged to be uniquely themselves in a safe, caring and welcoming environment. It is a place where careers prosper, accomplishments are celebrated and diversity flourishes. It’s a place that’s meant for you.
In addition to a competitive wage, this position offers commission pay designed to reward you for your personal achievement and contribution to our success.
If eligible, we offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, and 401(k) with company match. All associates are eligible for an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.
Job Title: Fine Jewelry Commission Sales Associate - Town East Mall
Location: Mesquite, TX, United States - Town East Mall 6000 Town East Mall
Job ID: 1102478
J.C. Penney Company Inc.