As a Specialty Assistant you will contribute to profitable sales growth by combining in-depth product knowledge and a passion for service to build clientele and meet sales goal.
- Customer Service & Sales – Greets and assists customers in finding products and delivers exceptional customer service. Inform customers of key product attributes and care/protection plans to generate interest and suggests additional products to customers. Meets or exceeds sales goals and productivity standards. Partners with team members and actively listens to all customer issues. Promotes FindMore, assists with credit, reward, and gift card programs and engages customers to support the company’s credit application process.
- General Operations – Participates in inventory process and all merchandise transfers, return to vendor/warehouse, defective merchandise. Maintains sales floor recovery process to ensure a clean and organized store environment. Completes pricing and signing processes in specialty businesses.
- Performance Standards – Supports company shrink and safety initiatives. Consistently meets established performance standards for the role, including (but not limited to) the company’s iCAP program, products and service sales, customer service, profit, productivity and attendance.
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
To achieve success at JCPenney, a Specialty Assistant will possess the following:
- Results: Solve problems and make smart decisions that drive sales, profit or customer service; execute your work efficiently and effectively; inspire strong performance in yourself and others
- Ownership: Provide great customer service; cooperate and build positive, inclusive and respectful relationships; take accountability for your actions and outcomes
- Intensity: Proactively find ways to improve the customer experience; show the confidence and courage to do what’s right; take action with energy and urgency
At JCPenney, we share a passion for serving customers, supporting our communities and being the best retailer for all families. As a company founded on the Golden Rule, our success is rooted in the belief that we treat everyone the way we would want to be treated. At every touchpoint, customers discover stylish merchandise at incredible value from an extensive portfolio of private, exclusive and national brands. Reinforcing this shopping experience is the customer service and warrior spirit of approximately 98,000 associates across the globe, all driving toward the Company's mission to help customers find what they love for less time, money and effort.
Working at JCPenney means joining a dedicated team of associates who are encouraged to be uniquely themselves in a safe, caring and welcoming environment. It is a place where careers prosper, accomplishments are celebrated and diversity flourishes. It’s a place that’s meant for you.
Job Title: Specialty Assistant - East Towne Mall
Location: Madison, WI, United States - East Towne Mall 135 E Towne Mall
Job ID: 1101552
J.C. Penney Company Inc.