Do you enjoy making things happen behind the scenes and seeing your work flourish on stage? Well…being a Sales Floor Associate at JCPenney might be the position for you!
- Customer Service & Sales
- Greets and assists customers in finding products and delivers outstanding customer service
- Partners with other team members when additional support is needed
- Actively listens to customer issues in a calm and agreeable manner to resolve problems
- Truck / Restock & Inventory
- Follows placement directions to effectively place set merchandise statements
- Contributes to merchandise receipt and reverse logistics processes
- Assists with the execution of inventory processes
- Contributes to the Shoe on Display restocking process, including mismates and stockroom organization
- Contributes to the restock program to identify replenishment opportunities
- SET / Visual / Environment
- Assists with the SET processes by planning floor moves, placing graphics, and executing visual detailing
- Identifies sell-through opportunities and remerchandise the selling floor to increase rate of sale
- Helps oversee and maintain all fitting room and sales floor recovery processes
- Contributes to the execution of visual elements to support merchandising statements
- Responsible for stockroom maintenance
- Assists with the jcp.com process including jcp.com orders and aged and undelivered orders/returns as needed
- Contributes to Buy Online Pick Up In Store and Ship from Store processes as needed
- General Operations
- Contributes to Merchandise Transfer Out (MTO), Return to Vendor and Return to Warehouse activities
- Assists with the Defective process execution to ensure integrity of inventory and prevent shrink
- Performance Standards
- Supports company shrink and safety initiatives
- Consistently meets established performance standards for the role, including (but not limited to) product and service sales, customer service, profit, productivity, and attendance
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Solve problems and make smart decisions that drive sales, profit or customer service; execute your work efficiently and effectively; inspire strong performance in yourself and others
- Provide great customer service; cooperate and build positive, inclusive and respectful relationships; take accountability for your actions and outcomes
- Proactively find ways to improve the customer experience; show the confidence and courage to do what’s right; take action with energy and urgency
- Results: Solve problems and make smart decisions that drive sales, profit or customer service; execute your work efficiently and effectively; inspire strong performance in yourself and other
- Ownership: Provide great customer service; cooperate and build positive, inclusive and respectful relationships; take accountability for your actions and outcomes
- Intensity: Proactively find ways to improve the customer experience; show the confidence and courage to do what’s right; take action with energy and urgency
- Drive Change - Adapts quickly to changing situations with energy and a positive attitude. Coaches others through change
- Work experience- 1-2 years of retail experience
At JCPenney, we share a passion for serving customers, supporting our communities and being the best retailer for all families. As a company founded on the Golden Rule, our success is rooted in the belief that we treat everyone the way we would want to be treated. At every touchpoint, customers discover stylish merchandise at incredible value from an extensive portfolio of private, exclusive and national brands. Reinforcing this shopping experience is the customer service and warrior spirit of associates across the globe, all driving toward the Company's mission to help customers find what they love for less time, money and effort.
Working at JCPenney means joining a dedicated team of associates who are encouraged to be uniquely themselves in a safe, caring and welcoming environment. It is a place where careers prosper, accomplishments are celebrated and diversity flourishes. It’s a place that’s meant for you.
If eligible, we offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, and 401(k) with company match. All associates are eligible for an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.
Job Title: Sales Floor Associate - Stroud Mall
Location: Stroudsburg, PA, United States - Stroud Mall 300 Stroud Mall
Job ID: 1101156
J.C. Penney Company Inc.