Supply Chain Facility Director - Reno, NV
The Supply Chain Facility Director manages and administers all operations of a Logistics Center to ensure the most cost efficient and timely distribution of merchandise consistent with Company standards of service to attain divisional sales and profit objectives.
- Manages the administration, operations, service and staffing for the Logistics Center to ensure efficient, accurate and timely shipments to customers, Stores, and catalog desks.
- Coordinates all activities of the Logistics Center, effectively communicates the Company’s objectives, and presents operational issues to Supply Chain management.
- Manages and evaluates the quality of service provided by the Center through review and analysis of data and reports to ensure high service standards and operating efficiencies.
- Directs the Team on activities and processes that enable our strategy of Customer First Service ensuring that merchandise is delivered to customers accurately and on time, the first time.
- Participates as a Company representative at appropriate public, civic, and community affairs as required and appropriate.
- Manages all processes and procedures within the units to ensure high standards and operating procedures. Protects Company assets by supporting and maintaining effective programs for human resources relations, loss prevention, inventory control, safety, facility/equipment and claims processing.
- Manages warehouse space allocation to ensure maximum storage and efficient processing capabilities.
- Leads a Customer First business approach ensuring merchandise is delivered by in-store date or customer promise date in an accurate, damage free manner.
- Provides guidance to region, district, and Store management on all service quality issues. Maintains a positive business relationship with carriers and their agents to ensure established service levels.
- Coordinates the internal communications for support activities such as industrial engineering, data processing, accounting, transportation, human resources, loss prevention and quality control.
- Coordinates Logistic Center activities with appropriate Associates in Supply Chain management and other Home Office departments, such as Industrial Engineering, Systems, Inventory Control, Controller, Human Resources, Advertising, Marketing, Construction Services, and Legal.
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- 12-15 years’ experience in major distribution center activity involving progressive managerial responsibility in center operations, including at least 2 years experience as an Operations Manager or Store Support Center Manager.
- Decision making, communications, building talent, leading people, drive for results.
- Requires advanced management skills to direct complex operations in an efficient, effective manner and maintain a high level of Associate morale and productivity.
- Includes knowledge of government regulations, ergonomics, and diversity. Strong understanding of financial statement, activity-based costing and productivity drivers; ability to build strong budgets, trend analysis and forecasting
- Solid working knowledge of supply chain industry practices and standards; knowledge of the details of the facility operating environment, including the impact of outside factors on his expense structure.
- Education: College degree or equivalent business experience preferred
At JCPenney, we share a passion for serving customers, supporting our communities and being the best retailer for all families. As a company founded on the Golden Rule, our success is rooted in the belief that we treat everyone the way we would want to be treated. At every touchpoint, customers discover stylish merchandise at incredible value from an extensive portfolio of private, exclusive and national brands. Reinforcing this shopping experience is the customer service and warrior spirit of approximately 90,000 associates across the globe, all driving toward the Company's mission to help customers find what they love for less time, money and effort.
Working at JCPenney means joining a dedicated team of associates who are encouraged to be uniquely themselves in a safe, caring and welcoming environment. It is a place where careers prosper, accomplishments are celebrated and diversity flourishes. It’s a place that’s meant for you.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Follow us and see what’s new: Instagram Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Media Room jcp.com
Job Title: Supply Chain Facility Director - Reno, NV
Location: Reno, NV, United States -
Job ID: 1100736
J.C. Penney Company Inc.